• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Cool Down Before Summer Sale!

I got the kit and finally had some time to look it over. I have two questions, where am I supposted to install the sensor? It looks like I need to cut a radiator hose and splice it in somewhere.

Also, if I disconnect the aux fan and use the control provided by the kit with I get a check engine light when the computer tries to get the fan going but does not find a fan connected?

The rest seems straight forward

Also, if I disconnect the aux fan and use the control provided by the kit with I get a check engine light when the computer tries to get the fan going but does not find a fan connected?

No. I currently have the stock e-fan out of my 99 and the CEL hasn't come on. It's been disconnected for about 5 months now.

you still didnt answer my question. i scraped up some change for the sale price now its not on sale.

I asked the same thing a page or so ago and he doesn't know when they'll go back on sale. Just keep your eyes peeled.

Ok I'm getting ready to install this but I still don't know where the t-fitting looking sensor goes, by the size of the t-fitting diameter it looks like I need to cut one of the heater hoses. I this correct? If so which one the top or bottom?

Also do I need to secure the aluminum shroud below the radiator, Im asking because I don't see any screw holes.

A video would helpful.

It looks like it goes in a heater hose. I would think that it it goes in the lower heater hose coming off the water pump since that is the supply/hot line of the system. Wouldn't make sense to put it after the heater core as it would be cooler than it really is.

One last question, the way the kit is set up and installed which is the 180 fan? Im hoping it's the driver's side. I figure at 180 it will never turn off after the jeep warms up and would serve as the cooling fan for the ac.

Back