• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The adjustable trackbar thread

I'll only comment on the ones I have run myself. I ran them in the order below.

RE1600: Worked OK, heim got sloppy quick, got mangled big-time in a minor wreck, and I don't like the orienation of the heim (I would prefer the pivoting around the bolt be the up and down motion)

RE Heavy Duty Track Bar & Bracket: With only 3" of lift the diff cover would hit the bar all the time when compressing the driver-side tire. Sold it after one off-road trip. Would probably work fine with a taller lift/more bump-stopping.

Teraflex: Uses stock TRE, solid stock steel, with the same bend a stock bar has in it to avoid the diff cover at full compression. Also has right-hand threads on one side, left-hand threads on the other with a sleeve for adjustability. Means you don't have to disconnect the track bar each time you want to adjust the length. Worked great for about 2 years and then the TRE was seriously WASTED!!! Probably due to maxing it out while flexing.

Custom: I cut off the TRE on the Teraflex bar and welded on a RE 2" superflex joint. I use it in conjunction with RE's bracket. Works perfectly and have run it now for about a year with no issues. Flexes great, no noise, no slop. This is the best setup I've had yet.

xj92 said:
Teraflex: Uses stock TRE, solid stock steel, with the same bend a stock bar has in it to avoid the diff cover at full compression. Also has right-hand threads on one side, left-hand threads on the other with a sleeve for adjustability. Means you don't have to disconnect the track bar each time you want to adjust the length. Worked great for about 2 years and then the TRE was seriously WASTED!!! Probably due to maxing it out while flexing.

Custom: I cut off the TRE on the Teraflex bar and welded on a RE 2" superflex joint. I use it in conjunction with RE's bracket. Works perfectly and have run it now for about a year with no issues. Flexes great, no noise, no slop. This is the best setup I've had yet.

I did the same thing,only I built my own drop bracket.Works great and have been running it for 2 years.

OlyWa

Back