• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Bailey Cole, driver of the 4654 Toyota (and possibly the youngest driver in Ultra4) stopped in to chat, and gave us a hand. Its really hard to quantify how much sense of brotherhood there is in the Ultra4 community, but you can be sure the other teams are always there when you need a hand.

Bailey is a good kid!

Falken has great tires, I've been running them on my cars since 2002ish. The Civic Si has 615's on it now started with 215's, next set will be 615K's. Great grip. The daily drivers are usually shod with 912's.

a couple of days? thats a long time to read.

I can summarize it pretty easily.

A jeep went from ugly to pretty back to ugly again, and cost 2 guys about a years income to do it. But there was cake.

Aaaand it is that time again. 1 month until we leave for KOH.

We've never really done this before, but we're keeping some of our tricks secret this year, either until after KOH or until after the season, we'll see.

Care package rolled in from our good friends at Yukon

20131231_121409_zps9sglmm1q.jpeg

Competition Zip Locker and 5.38's to go into the HP60 rear axle we dropped in last week. That, the new stroker Russ Pottenger just built us (upgrading.. ..again) along with the new trans (upgraded frictions and shift kit) should help us stay out front. :)

Gonna be busy for the next couple weeks, but I'll drop some photos in here as I can make time.

Hey can I ask why you are choosing to keep some of the tricks a secret? Ive been racing a long time and fear of the competition doing the same is the only reason I really understand *but most of my friends were not doing anything new...just uogrades I guess. Hope that didn't come out wrong no offense meant, just curious.

I am excited to keep track of you all this season!

Because we are doing a lot of things new. Some of them could potentially be a good advantage that we'd like to keep, others may not pan out and I'd rather they just fail quietly. ;)

that just means the secret stuff is not racing legal .!. :D .!.

Aaaand it is that time again. 1 month until we leave for KOH.

We've never really done this before, but we're keeping some of our tricks secret this year, either until after KOH or until after the season, we'll see.

Care package rolled in from our good friends at Yukon

20131231_121409_zps9sglmm1q.jpeg

Competition Zip Locker and 5.38's to go into the HP60 rear axle we dropped in last week. That, the new stroker Russ Pottenger just built us (upgrading.. ..again) along with the new trans (upgraded frictions and shift kit) should help us stay out front. :)

Gonna be busy for the next couple weeks, but I'll drop some photos in here as I can make time.

SO I am thinking they are going to run some shorter rear tires and a 5.13 ratio (whats pictured here) and a 5.38 as he says they are going to run on the front with a taller tire. :twak:

Good to see the hardcore Yukon Zip being used (Shhh, dont tell Ben, he will shat himself and disown ya!) Dont know how often you need to disengage it though.

They shipped the wrong gears, I wasn't going to throw them under the bus.. we get the 5.38's tomorrow. :)

They shipped the wrong gears, I wasn't going to throw them under the bus.. we get the 5.38's tomorrow. :)

Oh.. that didn't show up 'yet' on your account..

And remember a rock jock takes 2 large pinion bearings not the one smaller outer.

Yeah.. we didn't catch the rock jock bug. :)

Running a Tera CRD.

lol....Rock Jocks suck serious donkey balls and they break.

Are you sure it is a CRD? I thought it was the early 60R

It says CRD on it...? ;)

ok...the early CRD then without the slanted diff. Still 100000x better than a Currie diff :)

Back