• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TDS Pics, Whos got em

We got a couple of Cal before James broke his rig. :shhh:

IMGP6874.jpg

So was the guys in the other jeep, the green jeep on top..He broke both motor mounts in the same trench...

The CJ? His name is Aaron. I'm not sure if he's on here or not, but he's over on Jeepaholics.

John- is that a home-built or store-bought bumper? I like the stock looks of it.

Made in the US of A by Jeeperjohn Fabwerkz in Temecula CA. (that means I made it) Thanks for the compliment :thumbup:

You got a build thread? I'm curious about material, and just how much (lots obviously) welding and grinding happened there. I'm assuming its not a rolled tube.

Gonna do the rear along the same lines?

(sorry for hi jack)

You got a build thread? I'm curious about material, and just how much (lots obviously) welding and grinding happened there. I'm assuming its not a rolled tube.

Gonna do the rear along the same lines?

(sorry for hi jack)
It's made from a single length of 3/16" 2X6 hrew tube. I bent the ends by cutting out the backside, bending it with a 2X4 then welding the area that was cut out. The tie downs are made from 1" steel plate (which is a major PITA to cut) welded directly to the mounting plates through the bumper. It has a receiver welded through the bumper and reinforced on the back side. I had taken a bunch of pics of the build but I ended up deleting them from photobucket. The only thing I would do different is bigger longer mounting plates for the frame. It uses the stock mounts right now. I plan to replace the front bulkhead and reinforce the mounting plates then I will make a rear bumper with tire carrier to match. I think I will integrate the tail lights and back up lights into the rear bumper. We'll see.

Cut and weld? Now that is a lot of welding.

I'd have never guessed 2x6 tube, didn't think it was that tall.

Thanks for the responses. Shame bout the pics.

It's made from a single length of 3/16" 2X6 hrew tube. I bent the ends by cutting out the backside, bending it with a 2X4 then welding the area that was cut out. The tie downs are made from 1" steel plate (which is a major PITA to cut) welded directly to the mounting plates through the bumper. It has a receiver welded through the bumper and reinforced on the back side. I had taken a bunch of pics of the build but I ended up deleting them from photobucket. The only thing I would do different is bigger longer mounting plates for the frame. It uses the stock mounts right now. I plan to replace the front bulkhead and reinforce the mounting plates then I will make a rear bumper with tire carrier to match. I think I will integrate the tail lights and back up lights into the rear bumper. We'll see.

See, chu 'member:laugh3:

Back