• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE + Driveshaft...under $100.00 (not 56k friendly)

Thanks Gojeep for clarifying! I think I may end up having to just bite the bullet and order a SYE when I have the money. The elusive TH350 yoke is becoming a major pain in the @$$ to find and not entirely worth the amount of trouble looking for!

Thanks Gojeep for clarifying! I think I may end up having to just bite the bullet and order a SYE when I have the money. The elusive TH350 yoke is becoming a major pain in the @$$ to find and not entirely worth the amount of trouble looking for!

Why not order the same yoke I used from the places mentioned in the write up? Then you can run a front shaft on the rear if you have a auto and a 8.25/D44 rear axle combo.
I had trouble with run out problems with the RE flanges as well so the yoke is a better conversion regardless.

Are you talking about finding it in a wrecking yard or something? You can order it from Six States.

http://www.sixstates.com/products/partdetails.jsp?part=3103-27CV

Order it from any place besides Six States. They are the most expensive by far. Quoted me $120 for the 3103-27CV, where others were right around $80. read back through this thread a page or 4 and you'll see many links to places that have it right around $80.

I actually just bought one from Optimum Gear in Las Vegas for $79 + shipping. Should be here any day now.

Order it from any place besides Six States. They are the most expensive by far. Quoted me $120 for the 3103-27CV, where others were right around $80. read back through this thread a page or 4 and you'll see many links to places that have it right around $80.

I actually just bought one from Optimum Gear in Las Vegas for $79 + shipping. Should be here any day now.

Strange, their prices must have gone way up. I ordered mine when I did it and it was only $80 or so shipped. Course that was over 5 years ago.

I'm not 100% sure as to what I'm gonna be doing at this time except that whatever it is has to be as close to free as possible. I got a phone call from the place where I work telling me that my recent week off has been extended til the end of April. So I have officially been laid off with a temporary call back date.

most people will tell you that you NEED one after 4.5" or so... I don't know what the minimum requirement is though.... or if there even is one?

I think if you with this method, you can cut a little more or a little less off the yoke and output shaft to make the front Xj DS work without having it shortened or lengthened. Im hoping this is the case when I do mine.

wow... that small needed a SYE???

Back