• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY AUGUST 14 western Ma trail run

Grizzley said:
I'll bet that you'll find some plates there. Friend of mine is stripping his XJ. I'll check with him today to see if he has any.

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING OUT!!! I WILL TAKE EM IF HE HAS EM!!!!
As for my rig, i cant really tell the difference if i have it or not so what i will do is take some digital shots and show them to you and then maybe we have better grounds to work on. Sound good?

I appreciate all the help so far and i cant wait for the 14th of aug to do some wheelin. Are you still going this sunday to the deep woods event Grizzley???

Ok guys im questionable, i still need to get tow hooks, but i will know by next saturday

stock tow hook brackets are part of the front bumper mounting brackets.. regular brackets just attatch to the frrame and bumper.. hook brackets are a larger version of the same thing with some 2-hole brackets to the side for the hooks to attatch to.

my advice to you...

DON'T shortcut doing something the right way just because you dont have time to do it right.

Grizzley said:
I'll bet that you'll find some plates there. Friend of mine is stripping his XJ. I'll check with him today to see if he has any.

Left you a PM about the trip and all. My home computer is down and im at the library so use the method i gave ya and its all good. If by chance my computer turns back on before i leave sunday morning then i'll shoot u a PM or reply here ok.

Thanks man!!

sidriptide said:
stock tow hook brackets are part of the front bumper mounting brackets.. regular brackets just attatch to the frrame and bumper.. hook brackets are a larger version of the same thing with some 2-hole brackets to the side for the hooks to attatch to.

my advice to you...

DON'T shortcut doing something the right way just because you dont have time to do it right.

I understand but im just NOT familiar with the XJ's set up and i want them mounted properly so im hoping to catch up with some fellow board members to show me exactly what to do both front and rear so i pass inspection.

Thanks for your input as well!

BIG-G said:
By the way, what time does this trail run start at so i can plan accordingly???

expect a 9am meeting time about 30 mins north of springfield ma. more info will be passed thru PM when the time gets closer.

sidriptide said:
expect a 9am meeting time about 30 mins north of springfield ma. more info will be passed thru PM when the time gets closer.

Well my home computer is back up & running. With the exeption that we will be leaving once the baby wakes up which is "usualy" around 7:am" but can be later at times. On my mapquest, my direct route is way above sprinfield and would be out of the way. It appears that once outside of N.Y. the main roads traveled for me would be more like FRANKLIN PIERCE HWY following NH-9. Then theres smaller roads like maple st. going to NH-127 and a left onto Kearsarge ave. at the end of the trip.

Im traveling near dead east and you guys seem to be driving northbound. Not exactly sure where u guys would wanna meet up or anything but i sure dont wanna be a splinter in the drive up towards anyone. If you guys can think of anything more suitable like meeting some where at the place and i will just have to look for a big group of XJ'ers and go from there or if you can think of anything yourself just throw me out more ideas.

Right now my rig sticks out like a soor thumb because i went wheeling yesterday and its covered in mud and its white so im thinking about leaving it muddy since thats the way to "properly clean" a jeep anyway!! Only snag is the wife wants it washed but i have the final say anyway.

Send me those PM's tomorrow (sat) with further more accurate plans and we can go from there.
Thanks guys for being so friendly and keeping the "XJ jeepers" together.

BIG-G

BIG-G said:
Well my home computer is back up & running. With the exeption that we will be leaving once the baby wakes up which is "usualy" around 7:am" but can be later at times. On my mapquest, my direct route is way above sprinfield and would be out of the way. It appears that once outside of N.Y. the main roads traveled for me would be more like FRANKLIN PIERCE HWY following NH-9. Then theres smaller roads like maple st. going to NH-127 and a left onto Kearsarge ave. at the end of the trip.

Im traveling near dead east and you guys seem to be driving northbound. Not exactly sure where u guys would wanna meet up or anything but i sure dont wanna be a splinter in the drive up towards anyone. If you guys can think of anything more suitable like meeting some where at the place and i will just have to look for a big group of XJ'ers and go from there or if you can think of anything yourself just throw me out more ideas.

Right now my rig sticks out like a soor thumb because i went wheeling yesterday and its covered in mud and its white so im thinking about leaving it muddy since thats the way to "properly clean" a jeep anyway!! Only snag is the wife wants it washed but i have the final say anyway.

Send me those PM's tomorrow (sat) with further more accurate plans and we can go from there.
Thanks guys for being so friendly and keeping the "XJ jeepers" together.

BIG-G

did you Mapquest the DEEPWOODS show?? you shoulldnt be anywhere near NH. i will give you an exit# off of I-91 north of springfield, Ma. your best shot is I-90 to I-91 north.. or possibly Rt 2 east from Albany to I-91 and then south.. but that would be slower.

sidriptide said:
did you Mapquest the DEEPWOODS show?? you shoulldnt be anywhere near NH. i will give you an exit# off of I-91 north of springfield, Ma. your best shot is I-90 to I-91 north.. or possibly Rt 2 east from Albany to I-91 and then south.. but that would be slower.

YES I MESSED UP ON THIS POST!!!! Sorry for that, those are the routes im taking tomorrow for deep woods NOT the 14th!!!! Springfield looks pretty easy to get to anyway so i'll talk to ya guys more about that tomorrow and of course some tech stuff like my TOW POINTS!! Sorry for the messed up reply!

ok it looks like no real "stockers" are coming so we can play a lil harder. 2 trails with a short drive between them. plan for a full day on the trail. if anyone is trailering their rig , I NEED TO KNOW AHEAD OF TIME. expect alot of rocks on the first trail with a few go-arounds on the tougher sections. the 2nd run is alot more difficult but the larger obstacles have go-arounds. expect some big rock ledges to climb and some tight off-camber spots.
PM me for trail specifics and meeting time/place. as well as other concerns.

sidriptide said:
ok it looks like no real "stockers" are coming so we can play a lil harder. 2 trails with a short drive between them. plan for a full day on the trail. if anyone is trailering their rig , I NEED TO KNOW AHEAD OF TIME. expect alot of rocks on the first trail with a few go-arounds on the tougher sections. the 2nd run is alot more difficult but the larger obstacles have go-arounds. expect some big rock ledges to climb and some tight off-camber spots.

Well my only main concern is tow points and armor and when i meet up with grissly at deep woods hes gonna show me exactly whats needed and what to work on so hopefully i'll be good. I just really dont want any "body" damage cause the Mrs. will kill me!!

sidriptide said:
well mines pretty close to stock, but maybee ill pocket a few extra coil isolaters next weekend when i go to the junkyard so she sits leval. Anyways im lookin forward to the trip.

another question how many of us have open diffs on both ends?

cool, i'm in! i'll pm ya about the time and place.

This is now gonna be a 50/50 shot knowing i need morew ork then expected!! My rear hitch is way too small and i'll have to shell out a $100 bucks to uhaul to get the right class reciever in to do the job,, im gonna need fender trimming due to my wide a$$ tires or ill rip off my flairs and much more,, my front tow hooks will be a bitch plus i still have to purchase the bar and of course i want disconnects as well!!!
I'll try my best!!

BIG-G said:
This is now gonna be a 50/50 shot knowing i need morew ork then expected!! My rear hitch is way too small and i'll have to shell out a $100 bucks to uhaul to get the right class reciever in to do the job,, im gonna need fender trimming due to my wide a$$ tires or ill rip off my flairs and much more,, my front tow hooks will be a bitch plus i still have to purchase the bar and of course i want disconnects as well!!!
I'll try my best!!

If anyone out there has a pair of used tow bars (no hooks needed) and a pair of disconnects (prefeably jks), pm me or get ahold of me somehow!!!!!!!

So Mike, how much character will this trail add to my Jeep?

robz95xj said:
So Mike, how much character will this trail add to my Jeep?

i'm gonna pre-run it saturday and see how much it changed. then i will eye-ball your rig and make a recommendation then. i will say right now your rig is totally capable of these trails, but you will certainly use your skids alot.

sidriptide said:
i'm gonna pre-run it saturday and see how much it changed. then i will eye-ball your rig and make a recommendation then. i will say right now your rig is totally capable of these trails, but you will certainly use your skids alot.
do you think a factory tcase skid would hold up?

Back