• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STOLEN TRUCK COLORADO SPRINGS

Ya. Fortunately I don't plan on building this thing. A solid level kit, larger tire, and maybe ditch the factory wheels and that's it. Too expensiveand nice to be a toy. Looking at the camburg racing upper arms and th radflo or king front coilovers and some bilsteins rear. Ride nice and level plus really smooth with better adjustability and control.

Plus it's not like I have time to play. I'll be lucky to get the day off in a couple weeks to head back home to sign papers and pick it up.

PRG has a mid-travel suspension lift, but its freaking $2k... I'm looking at some RC UCA's, a 2.5" billiett alluminum coilover spacer, and likely a 1" block in back. That will get me comfortable for 295/70r18's (34.5) without any negatives in ride quality.

Grin you'll have to get camber bolts as well. 08+ doesn't have adjustability to correct for lift. I think they are like $50.
Are the RC arms uniball??
The camburg are uniball and Heims at frame side.

I'm also lookin at the 295-325 sizes. I like a bit more tire so might do the 325's. Have to look into brake options vs wheel sizes.

yeah, the camburg and PRG arms are sweet, but at $600 compared to $225 for RC's, I think I can live with a moog balljoint and OEM rubber bushings frameside, instead of a uniball for the kind of wheeling I do. You are correct on the cam bolts on 06+.

I hadn't looked at those. I was liking the uniball vs the balljoint for some better durability and stupid easy replacement. They are pricey for sure.

I like it too... I just don't like it $400 much...

C'mon Chris, you got to pay to play. I do agree though, unless you actually plan to run trails at high speed and crawl over rocks the RC arms will probably be just fine.

With the luck I've had with RC I am gonna stay away.
I broke RC coils.
Broke their lower arm.
Already rebuilt sisters joints on her arms and she almost needs it again( will be swapping to other joints) and seen their toyota arms snap.

They might make stuff good here and there. But I have learned a lot about quality components. And as this will be a financed newer vehicle I kinda need it to last lol.

believe me, if they were RC joints, I would say pass -- but with the bushings being clevites, and the ball joint being a moog, I'm less concerned. You also broke all their stuff (sis' not withstanding) driving like an a-hole with a heavy foot on the skinny pedal :D and had a great time doing it, I might add.

Besides, even crawling, its IFS, its going to bottom out and lift a wheel, and I'll have to push through with the locked rear. The extra inch of travel from a uniball isn't going to make much difference.

I used a RC leveling/lift kit on my 2000 Silverado w/o issue and its still going strong. A friend and coworker bought the truck from me and he has yet to have any issues with the suspension. Of course the leveling/lift kit only consisted of torsion bar keys, blocks, and shocks for 200$ so there isn't much to go wrong. I like their no-torsion drop setups for that same truck. I actually really miss that truck and seeing it almost every day sucks.

keep in mind too that one more inch of travel might be the one inch that eats that IFS CV joint in the axle shaft. I'd rather lift a wheel.

Oh I'm not doing it for th travel. In fact gonna get the prg bumps and limit straps to keep cv's alive lol.

Where ya been doing your reading up. I'm mostly on Titantalk and some guys I know from raced dezert.

Titantalk definitely has more traffic, Club Titan has less but some decent old threads. One of my best friends has been in an 06 Fronty since new, so he is a resource. I have to say, the nissan guys are bigger tools than the GC forums. And that's saying something. You seriously have to wade through pages of "how big is your subwoofer" to learn ANYTHING! lol.

Oh absolutely. Naxja seems like a vault of brain surgeons vs the other threads full of kids eating crayons and smearing poop on the walls. I totally hear that.

ROR. too true. we are spoiled.

I put 200+ miles on it today running to north Denver and multiple errands. Comfy and happy. Averaging around 16mpg in mixed driving, which is about what I expected. I drive like a grandma.

Back