• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STOLEN TRUCK COLORADO SPRINGS

What, like they're investigating you for fraud? Not typical in my experience (former adjuster) unless they have some reason to suspect it... SeeingSpots might have some more curent insights.

Lol - Jim posted while I was posting. Apparently times have changed and I'm a dinosaur... Shocking I know.

It really depends on the carrier, but most of the time when it's a stagnant vehicle that's not at the primary garaging location, the system automatically kicks the claim out to SIU team. It's just a formality.

What's funny, Jim, is I worked SIU, albeit on the med side ( when CO was PIP). I've been thinking about it, and the difference is that 15 years ago, very few people had cell phones, and checking records really wasn't an option, at least not a routine one...

What's funny, Jim, is I worked SIU, albeit on the med side ( when CO was PIP). I've been thinking about it, and the difference is that 15 years ago, very few people had cell phones, and checking records really wasn't an option, at least not a routine one...

Youre that old? Really?! I'm saying that in the most non-smartass way possible. lol

Ya I get covering their own asses. But I was out of town. I can verify in 2 minutes where I was and when (electronic logs with gps location) so what the hell are they looking for. I have the only keys for it, and dealer paperwork showing that I only got one key. Ive been with progressive for years and never had a single claim, we will see what I think of them after this.

Lol, Jim, yeah I'm that old... But not like Fred. Mike, I was a Prog rep, when they finish looking up your skirt, they'll pay the claim. :cheers:

Progressive was one of my companies and they have a fairly good claimant satisfaction rating. Youre going to be fine. Theyre doing their due diligence which is exactly what theyre trained to do.

BTW - The single key is what did it. That was the trigger, along with it not being at your house.

While not exactly the same as what Mike's experiencing........ I still felt pretty violated after making a claim.

I got corn-holed by State Farm when I tried to submit a claim for my '93 yellow 2dr after flopping it on Pritchett/Rocker Knocker.....

I'd been paying Full Coverage and stated value for several years on that rig... spoke to my Insurance Agent to see if that kind of accident would be covered and if I could have it totalled, then buy it back and insure it with a liability only policy.... just figured after handing them all those thousands in insurance payments for my numerous cars, perhaps I'd be able to get some benefit?

My Agent told me to submit a claim to underwriting and we'd have an answer.

Well, State Farm's answer was to send a Fraud Investigator to my house posing as a claims adjuster. He was all nice and pretending to be helpful at first, saying he needed to come out and take photos of the damage to the jeep. I abliged and he took probably 40+ photos. He then proceeded to point out all of the "extensive" other damage the jeep had, pointing out the heavily scraped wheels, trail worn tires, various other dents, scratches, etc all over and under the jeep and asking me why I wasn't claiming that damage.

Seriously? Clearly it's a vehicle used off road. I wasn't claiming it to be otherwise. I told him the damage from Pritchett had rendered the Jeep unuseable on the street without major repair and had submitted the claim at the direction of my Agent to see if it were possible to total it and buy it back. No smoke and mirrors....

He proceeded to show me photocopies of screen shots from my posts on naxja of the flop on Pritchett and other 'wheeling I'd done with the Jeep. He said the jeep was being used for "automotive contests and competitions" and that I was lying about having been traveling on a designated road while using the jeep as transportation.

No........ Pritchett Canyon is a designated road. I provided proof of it, giving him a printout of a map showing the road designation. I told him a group of us club members were traveling that road for amusement and recreation - no competetion and that the road does in fact exist with the State of Utah and the City of Moab.

I then reminded him that I had initiated the claim at the direction of my Agent to see if it was an option. I told him if he had any other concerns, perhaps he should talk to my Agent.

He had an audio recorder recording our conversation during this entire interaction. He asked me if I had any other statements I'd like to make in regards to my claim and I told him "Nope." He then asked if I would fill out an affidavit explaining how the damage had occurred (I had already submitted something similar to my agent with the claim..... which he had a copy of with him.) At that point, I felt like I was been cornered into something ugly, so I told him "No. In fact, I will not be asking State Farm to honor my claim, I will be cancelling my insurance and you sir are no longer welcome on my property. Please leave."

I called my insurance agent and told her what had happened and she was genuinely upset and surprised - as was I. She said she would speak to the higher-ups in underwriting and get back to me. A couple days later, she explained that the Fraud Investigator had submitted a report that he suspected a fraudulent claim. She said that the Underwriter she spoke to had no choice but to cancel my insurance policy for that Jeep.

I then told her that after being treated this way, State Farm could either support me and insure all of my vehicles and my house...... or none of it. I had been with State Farm and that agent since I was 18. My parents had auto policies as well.

All of my policies and my parent's policies were cancelled by us after that experience.

I then went to Amica. I spoke specifically with my new agent about my experience with State Farm when I insured my BIG OFFroad rig with them. I wanted to be sure that I wasn't throwing away money by doing a full coverage, stated value policy with them if I would be using the Jeep for club functions and off road activities. They're response: "We expect you'd use it for that and we have no concerns."

Last edited:
Amica always had a great claims rep when I was in the biz -- though Jim will probably point out that was eons ago... I have never had a good claims experience with State Farm, though their agents have always been exceptionally pleasant. I guess they're better at collections than payments...

When you have a name like Lopez your always a suspect! Rofl...... Really suck mike! Hope you can get a check ASAP!

My dad had a truck stollen a few years ago.... The shit heads drove it to Jerry creek mall parked it and it never moved, but took the police 63 days to fine it...... It had 7 stickers threatening to tow it! And once it was finally towed it sat at the tow company for 13 days before they called him!

By then he already had another truck! What a PITA

Amica always had a great claims rep when I was in the biz -- though Jim will probably point out that was eons ago... I have never had a good claims experience with State Farm, though their agents have always been exceptionally pleasant. I guess they're better at collections than payments...

The very first insurance company I worked for was partnered with Amica for all of their Personal Insurance. Amica is an AWESOME company and they wrote all of my stuff when I lived in Florida. I highly endorse them.

Troy - State Farm, Farmers, and American Family (and most of the other direct writing carriers) have the worst consumer ratings of all of the carriers in the US - not just Colorado. I'm still under an NDA from my business, but in 2 years I'll tell you all about the sneaky goings-on that they try to pull with their actuaries (rate makers) and claims adjuster games. The only direct carrier worth a damn is USAA. They're great.

If you go to any of the Black Forest or Walden Canyon fire victims, State Farm, Farmers, AllState, and American Family are still nickle-and-diming those poor people for their homes. In-fact, a client of mine who lost his house on Popes Valley Drive is still fighting Farmers because they said that he didn't clean out his gutters, they were only going to give him 50% of the value of his home. It's preposterous!

Come December 2015, after a couple of beers, I'll tell you all about it. You'll hate insurance companies even more. I'm so happy I'm not affiliated with that industry anymore.

I'm scared to ask Jim his opinion of Farm Bureau... since USAA won't write my house in the forest, we had to switch over.

The fact that Insurance companies require an NDA speaks volumes about the kind of racket they're running.

Sorry to kind of hijack Mike's thread but since we're on the insurance topic:

Back on November 21 a kid spun on the ice in front of my house and hit the driver side rear of my parked XJ. The damage was 1 broken tail light and a pretty good dent in the 1/4 panel.Info was exchanged and his insurance company is dragging ass on the whole thing.They finally contacted me last Friday, after a week, and said an adjuster would be contacting me/coming by within 3 business days meaning -Mon., Tues., or today. Needless to say, I haven't heard or seen anything from an adjuster. Tomorrow makes 2 WEEKS since it happened and these slackasses haven't even looked at my rig yet and are starting to piss me off. Tomorrow they'll be getting an angry phone call from me.:flamemad::flamemad:

The company in question is called Anchor General Insurance out of Kalifornia- anyone know anything about them?

How come insurance companies demand payment for your policy by midnight of xxxx day or it gets canceled but when its time for THEM to pay, they fight and drag it out as long as they can? :flamemad:

Sorry to kind of hijack Mike's thread but since we're on the insurance topic:

Back on November 21 a kid spun on the ice in front of my house and hit the driver side rear of my parked XJ. The damage was 1 broken tail light and a pretty good dent in the 1/4 panel.Info was exchanged and his insurance company is dragging ass on the whole thing.They finally contacted me last Friday, after a week, and said an adjuster would be contacting me/coming by within 3 business days meaning -Mon., Tues., or today. Needless to say, I haven't heard or seen anything from an adjuster. Tomorrow makes 2 WEEKS since it happened and these slackasses haven't even looked at my rig yet and are starting to piss me off. Tomorrow they'll be getting an angry phone call from me.:flamemad::flamemad:

The company in question is called Anchor General Insurance out of Kalifornia- anyone know anything about them?

How come insurance companies demand payment for your policy by midnight of xxxx day or it gets canceled but when its time for THEM to pay, they fight and drag it out as long as they can? :flamemad:

I've never worked with nor heard of Anchor General. However they only scored a B++ rating with AM Best, which is not very good.

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticl...al-insurance-group-a-165123.html#.Up_GdsRDtIE

I hate to tell you man, but after reading some reviews of this carrier, you had better prepare yourself for a long and drawn out claims process.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/anchor-general-insurance-san-diego

Did you get a police report?

I've never worked with nor heard of Anchor General. However they only scored a B++ rating with AM Best, which is not very good.

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticl...al-insurance-group-a-165123.html#.Up_GdsRDtIE

I hate to tell you man, but after reading some reviews of this carrier, you had better prepare yourself for a long and drawn out claims process.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/anchor-general-insurance-san-diego

Did you get a police report?

Thanks for the info.
Didn't do a police report..... I know :dunce: :twak:

I have USAA, when my 98 XJ was totaled I had an appointment with a body shop to do the estimate within a week and after it was deemed a total loss a check was direct deposited into my account within a few days.

Ya they talke to everyone they needed at this point. Should have determination by Wednesday.
Time to look for a new ride I guess.

Well progressive is really riding my nerves. The adjuster has been gone all week. And wants to talk to a person who never even saw te truck before moving forward. Ten it all has to get revued then submitted for valuation. Ten approval and all that crap. She is talking another couple if weeks. This is horse shit. Why do people try to make shit more difficult than it needs to be.

Haha give up my ass. I've been nothing but fulfilling of every request and piece if paper they needed. But my patience is wearing thin and I'm gonna start being a real asshole.

Back