• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STOLEN TRUCK COLORADO SPRINGS

Huh....Do you go to Progressive directly or do you have an agent? If you have an agent, I would give them a call and tell them what's going on. For them to take 2 weeks for a theft is a little unusual. Have they been paying for a rental car all of this time?

Huh....Do you go to Progressive directly or do you have an agent? If you have an agent, I would give them a call and tell them what's going on. For them to take 2 weeks for a theft is a little unusual. Have they been paying for a rental car all of this time?
she has one person she needs to talk to (who didn't even see the truck or give me a ride or anything so I don't get relevance. And adjuster was gone for 3 days.
No I just did everything online and no agent. Now I know better.
No I turned down a rental car as I am always out of town. But im getting one Friday cuz I pitched a shit fit today. I am beyond irritated.

Well got estimate for truck payoff. They are about 1500 low. And on a 5-6k truck that's a decent amount. They aren't using blue book, nada, or any other valuation. Just looked up trucks in Denver and averaged price and that's what they are trying to pay me. They are going off suggested mileage for my truck vs my actual miles and taking lowest sale or sold prices.
I may have to get a valuation done on my end - if any of you have recommendations please let me know - in order to get fair pricing for my truck. I'm pretty pissed.

Well I hate to say it but averaging what your make/model truck typically sales for in the area is pretty fair. The mileage thing is bull though.

Yes. But not for like condition or equipment. Same condition and equipment is far higher than the trucks they priced.

Well my own investigative work paid off. I researched the cars they used, found images of the haggard trucks they were comparing me to and truck more similar to mine. Submitted links, carfax reports, and images with a lovely letter. They paid up, and more than what I ha requested as fair value. They have been super apologetic and now I can move forward with life.

good deal man -- even when insurance claims are at their best, and you come out OK, the process still sucks big soggy taco shells.

Haha I dunno. Went and drove a few in Roswell tonight. Even drive a couple titans.

It'll be a matter of if I but down here or keep the rental and wait to buy when home.

Buy wherever its cheapest, might even be worth a trip to TX.

I assume you're going to go for the 2nd Gen with the 4.0L V6, although a supercharged 1st Gen would be cool.

I hate hate hate the first gens.
Yes if anything will be 05+ but considering trying to shit more money and get newer. We will see. Might head to El Paso to look.

Really? I think the 1st Gens are more "3rd world country expedition" looking. I really like the later 1st Gen 4dr Frontier long beds w/ the Supercharged engine, although I'd get the 2nd Gen Frontier over it for the extra room and ease of long travel IFS.

Reading this makes me mad and it didn't even happen to me! One more reason to try to run the insurance companies out of business. Glad you got more cash then they tried to scam you with!

Well think I may have found my replacement truck. Drove some yesterday after work and decided against sacrificing room I was used to. The xterra an frontier were just so small to what I was used to. So going with a Titan. Dad found one in Illinois they are gonna ship out so we can get a good look at it. Only 30k and one owner Titan. Non pro4 package but has everything else I wanted. And I will be stealing it. So we will see what happens in a few weeks when it gets to colorado.

welcome to the traitorous club!

Lol. I knew it was gonna happen. I am just too used to full size vs the midsized stuff.
And this one is super clean. And they are shipping it go free with no obligation to buy.
Just needs a level kit and 35's.

Nice, I really like the Titans. Unfortunately it seems for a long travel setup you need a 2wd version.

Back