• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stinky bastards stay home.

Before I go and make a reservation, was the alcohol issue resolved? More to the point: Are they making an exception to the rule for us in the camp ground?

I've reserved a room at The Inn for Friday & Saturday nights... I'm willing to lend out shower use if anyone is desperately stinky. Hey, what are friends for? :wave:

Flowers said:
I'll be camping...somewhere.

My deciding factor: Can I roll in at midnight on Friday, or do they have gates locked? If they have locked gates for the prisoners then I'll be at the river.

Will anyone be getting a site with utilities? I can bring a HOBART 125 with flux-core if there is a place to plug in.

Will that handle 1" plate?

chris get ahold of you girl friend(whatever her name was)see if we can use her shower...or at least her living room floor to camp on.

cheers,

jj

seanR said:
Another E-mail and phone call.
No responce from the C.G.

not suprising - they are closed till then - wouldnt expect them to respond in all that timly of a manner...

This is looking like less of a 'good idea' by the minute.
I, for one, am not paying $240 in hotel bills to wheel in early March, in Attcia, IN.
If this guy won't man up and answer the phone, I say ban that CG for good, and spread the word.
I rented a popup for this shizzle.
If I can't have a hot shower, I am *not* driving 3 hours to stay in a field, for $30 a night.
Call me crazy, but thus far, I am not impressed.
:huh:

bgcntry72 said:
This is looking like less of a 'good idea' by the minute.
I, for one, am not paying $240 in hotel bills to wheel in early March, in Attcia, IN.
If this guy won't man up and answer the phone, I say ban that CG for good, and spread the word.
I rented a popup for this shizzle.
If I can't have a hot shower, I am *not* driving 3 hours to stay in a field, for $30 a night.
Call me crazy, but thus far, I am not impressed.
:huh:
I agree totaly!
The guy has to be around,
he sent everyone an e-mail!
The message on the phone says
"if you need special assastance, I will get back to you"
Two days is plenty of time,
He knew we were coming!
I told him so in December.
The man had better pull a shower out of his rectum or I agree, ban him!

seanR said:
I agree totaly!
The guy has to be around,
he sent everyone an e-mail!
The message on the phone says
"if you need special assastance, I will get back to you"
Two days is plenty of time,
He knew we were coming!
I told him so in December.
The man had better pull a shower out of his rectum or I agree, ban him!

x3

If the campground is not willing to accomodate us, considering that they would otherwise not have any business, then perhaps we should consider a different location for next year. I think that if the owners of The Badlands Offroad Park knew that we are less likely to return en mass next year due to problems with the campground, then perhaps they could apply some pressure as well. Maybe try contacting the park, Sean? The customer is always right, afterall. It might also be effective if all those who were planning on camping called up to air their concerns over the shower situation so that the campground owner had a better idea of how much business he faces losing over this matter. :mad:

Unless of course, they are both run by the same guy, in which case this approach may not be so effective. All the more reason to move elsewhere next year.

Wussies! In the good ole days (2001), the MW boys I knew wouldn't whine and just throw another stick on the 3 stick fire outside of Dave's by the river!

Then again, it was February and it was a balmy six degrees. March is worse?

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Fallfest, yes, but I'm talking about Winterfest. Some folks threw up thier arms when we first tried to have it at Disney, now people are talking about not even going because of no showers. Disney would be just as good for partying and even better than Attica in the wheeling dept.

You bastards already have the time off, drive another 11 hours south and be here. Save me the trip up.

Okie Terry said:
Fallfest, yes, but I'm talking about Winterfest. Some folks threw up thier arms when we first tried to have it at Disney, now people are talking about not even going because of no showers. Disney would be just as good for partying and even better than Attica in the wheeling dept.

You bastards already have the time off, drive another 11 hours south and be here. Save me the trip up.

Winterfest was never like this before.
We showed in Feb., slept where we parked, and wheeled in subzero weather.
To be clear, I bitched about having Winterfest in OK.
I would do it again, twice.
OK is *not* Winterfest.
That is fact.
I never cared for the pantload that runs the campground at the park, and have never stayed there, but I was going to give it a chance, to be with friends.
I rented a trailer to camp and have fun, but I will not pay $30 to park in a field and shit in a plastic box.
Feel free to have it in OK, even this year.
I won't miss anyone, too much.
That is all.

Nay I say to thee...

It's not all about the wheeling and the showers...

It's kinda nice to have the MWC's first official event in our backyard...

Get over it and get your ass ready for the big city!!!

:D

I'll be sleeping in the rig by the river :D

Why don't we all just boycott the CG this year and all camp down at the river. I'll buy a porta pot for the wife and I.

Okie Terry said:
Why don't we all just boycott the CG this year and all camp down at the river. I'll buy a porta pot for the wife and I.

The RV doesn't have a bathroom?

Bring a shovel... It's called a latrine

Gil BullyKatz said:
The RV doesn't have a bathroom?

Bring a shovel... It's called a latrine
Meant to call you this week. The RV is gonna be too expensive at around $500 when it's all said and done. We're gonna tent it.

Back