• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

someone send them some rubbers!

MyJeepXJ said:
1) 2) I can hardly afford *1* kid, what kind of job that joker got??!!

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family in May.

Gots to be some $$$$$ In that!

cracker said:
I do not beleive it is possible for them to support all those children financially and emotionally.

I am married, work a full time job, go to school full time, and own a Jeep. I do not have kids (yet). I barely have enough time to wipe myself never mind spend individual time with 16 kids. Let us see....

Johnny has soccer, Pam has softball, George needs to go to speech therapy, Remi needs a hair cut, Timmy needs a new uniform for Karate, Ron has piano lessons, etc....

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

BTW. I wish them the best of luck too.

With YOUR schedule you obviously couldn't manage 16 children.
This is that mother's life, I doubt she has a full time job or school or a Jeep.

It's all about prioritizing and time management. I bet those kids get more individual time and emotional support from their parents than a ton of families with only one or 2 kids do.

And they must be financially able, they are constructing a 7,000 sq. ft. home with a commercial kitchen, have you checked the prices of commercial appliances lately?

I'm with Phunk on this one. If they can afford that many kids and can spend time with them, then great! Let em have as many as they want. Of course going to school full time and working full time will cut down on your father son time. Your situation doesn't really apply to them. They've obviously got lots of money and the mom most likely stays at home like Phunk said. Its the people who have no money and dad is gone workin bowlin and huntin all the time while Mom keeps up on her "stories" that you should worry bout...:D

My girlfriend and I actually saw a show on this family, only at that time they had 13(?) kids.

He owns like a bunch of car dealerships and she stays at home.

Heavy...Heavy....Heavy religious beliefs

The children had "buddies" with the other children to dress them, because there are so many of them

They built their own house, the family did.

All the kids are homeschooled. and their friends are other
kids from big families with similr beliefs.

They actually seem like a pretty decent family.

PhunkXJ said:
With YOUR schedule you obviously couldn't manage 16 children.
This is that mother's life, I doubt she has a full time job or school or a Jeep.

It's all about prioritizing and time management. I bet those kids get more individual time and emotional support from their parents than a ton of families with only one or 2 kids do.

And they must be financially able, they are constructing a 7,000 sq. ft. home with a commercial kitchen, have you checked the prices of commercial appliances lately?

Well said, it's always good to keep an open mind and try not to view things only from our very very tiny corner of the universe.

Fergie said:
Hmmm...I would say MOMO, but they aren't from UT, and the area they are in, isnt too kind to MOMOs.

Fergie

Come on man, I'm Morman and there is no way I'm having any more than 12! :laugh3:

assuming they sleep 8 hours a night, that leaves 16 hours in a day, or a hour a day per child for interaction with mom. if the dad gets home at 6:30 and goes to bed at 10:30, that 15 minuts of interaction per day that each kid gets with the father, but at least they have good money

hologram said:
Come on man, I'm Morman and there is no way I'm having any more than 12! :laugh3:

Oh come on Seth, go for the 13..:D

Back