• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So how about Sandy?

You know,.. I'm beginning to wonder if any government agency can deal with a major disaster in a large modern city. Not just here, worldwide. It seams any time a disaster anywhere hits a large population center, the recovery turns into a cluster***k. We watch, stand by, and shake our heads when it happens repeatedly overseas, then we get Katrina. Now Sandy hits, and it looks like the aid/recovery effort is turning out some of the same incompetence. I really wonder if it's even possible to do "right".

Yah I was in New Orleans for 6 months after Katrina, while I did see a lot of people get help in the form of housing and blue roofs, there was so much BS and very little actual recovery work taking place and WAY too many agencies - local, state and federal involved.

Mayor Bloomberg wants the Natl Guard's help the cleanup effort and protect against looting, but doesn't want them to be armed.[/url]
Yeah, well,.. It's New York. If the NG has trouble with armed criminals, they can call the police, just like the rest of the citizens. :)

Back