• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Cal desert rats

So who all is showing up saturday? Bring drink with you, it is going to be hot..I'll do a drive by today to see if there is ANY shade we can work with..Plus this will let me get out of the house and just not out in the garage..I'm going nuts being here 24/7

We have a jeep to get running..Rick(jumpthis) gave a jeep that doesn't run to a friend of his out here and wants us to help get it running..He(rick) said his kid installed a battery wrong and he never got it to run after..He changed some stuff but it still run..I think it has blown the main inline fuses..

Your Uncle has My Jeep, Ryan.

Scott, went to go to Riverside for another meeting. got a few miles away and realized I had forgot something. I pull into the driveway and coolant is pouring out from under the truck. Needless to say I am pissed, I am sure My Attorney will be pissed, and if I don't fix it today, Your going to be pissed, cause I will not be there tomorrow. I have no way to get parts, so I hope its like a stuck thermostat. I can make a gasket out of silicone for that. Freakin Truck was HOT. I'll let You know.

Make sure you don't bottom out on the frame rail now..I guess i need to go out and put my heavy duty plates on the bench for you..You can come by next week to install i guess..
Tone when you get off work can you go by to see if paul needs help ? He may need to get parts, it is a chevy..
I may be fixing a A/C to this weekend for somebody the wife knows..

Well, no water in the oil, and no oil in the water. No leaks anywhere. But the cap is OLD, I'll bet that its leaking and lowering the preasure so the water can boil. Without AC, I was able to get to the FLAPS and get some parts. So barring any disaster, I'll be there tomorrow.

did you test your t-stat? My 150 hit 3/4 then drops down..Just before half and stays there..I have changed my stat an it still does this..I don't know..

No, I got a new one instead. And lower hose, cap and another Water Wetter.

I have till tomorrow at 7:30am, then I have to leave to make it up there by 8:30am, so I got what it needed and will do a little at a time. It's 116.5* here already.:eek:

This time works for me..Just so folks show up we'll make 7:30..LOL..Like i said if we need to we can put it in my garage, it is SMALL but it has a cooler in it to help in the noon time..
I'll put a pop up in my jeep to bring

Ok cool 7:30!

It is going to be HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Paul, this has been the times we talked about..I know you have CRS, so i'll post it up again so you don't forget..Maybe you should print it out and stick it your... I mean post it on your door, hell at your age i would stick on all your doors..:dunno:

7:30am ;)

Welp, that was fun. The cap was bad, but that wasn't the main prob. That was the thermostat plunger trying to turn sideways in the hole, maybe a 1/3 was getting through.Broke my hand.T-stat housing is aluminum, and original, and electrolysis has had it's was with it. But I removed some casting so I could get the hose farther on. Took it for a nice drive with the air on and it was fine.

See Ya at 10:30am :yap:

:kissyou:

Back