• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Cal desert rats

So did you go out driving last night? Has she set any lower? I had to take 2 of my killer pain killers.. I guess i didn't get them muscles healed yet.. DON'T forget to retighten all your nuts and bolts ok..Check your tires too

Freakin take it easy, I'll have Cyndee kick Your A$$. I'm just going to load up what I can carry for Saturday. Any Requests? Battery charger? (big)

Yes to the charger or did she say she had one? (brain fart)I'll bring some tools that i carry when i offroad and a pop up for shade..If it gets to bad we can see if we can get the thing to my house..I hear it is only going to be in the low hundreds(105 to 110)..May want to bring water boys..

Time to bump stop the rear, I only have like 2" up travel and it wants to bottom out alot! Maybe I got too much weight in the rear for my shocks? I plan on going through the floor but not until after I cage it. So do you think my rear shocks are compressing too fast due to the shittyness of the shock causing it to bottom out?

I have to look at it, before you spend money..You lost about 1.5 to 2" of lift i think..The springs we put in are alot softer and the bump stops are taller, so we need to do this the right way the first time..

I figure I can bump stop the rear before the cage considering it would be cheaper/smart thing to do... I think I need to get rid of those spring plates with the raised bumpstop mount... Jeff if you are reading this, do you still have the plasma cutter at your house?

I have them spring plates here you can use..The ones i showed you the other day..The word of the day is USE..

Does this work for you?

Last edited:
Tone, do the tires hit the body? Mine are raised also. They're built into the truss. The tires do not rub, but it tucks nice. Your A$$ end is way down, maybe a longer shackle to make up the difference. I have those shackle relocaters that raise mine up. I think the G9 is a 4.5" lift, and Your Jeep is higher than Ours.

He now has longer bump stops on the rear..They are part of his u-bolt plates..Alot higher than yours..I have these heavy duty ones here he can use till he gets his built they way he wants them

I know the plates You speak of. How high are these Edifices?

I'll swing by on Saturday afternoon Paul so you can see... Yea Scott those might work, I just have to come up with a game plan first on how I'm gonna do the bump stop in the frame rail and what they are gonna strike at full bump...

Then after I get all that figured out I'm gonna cage it and go through the floor with the shocks

I'll swing by on Saturday afternoon Paul so you can see... Yea Scott those might work, I just have to come up with a game plan first on how I'm gonna do the bump stop in the frame rail and what they are gonna strike at full bump...

We can put some hocky pucks(cut down) to adjust the bump for now..But we need to flex and get the numbers to set it up right..I think i know a spot to flex your's out..

Ok well I'll swing by Saturday after work 2pm if your not fixing that girls jeep still and we can test flex it, and I'll get those springs out of your way cause I think I found them a new home in trade for some jeep goods but it's top secret until it gets put on... :D meeting at ontairo mills mall Sunday if anyone needs anything trained... ?

Top secret! Gonna need someone to weld something for me though just gotta wait for my parts to come in :)

Back