• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skull_black build thread

Bring them by my house. I live in Garden Grove and I think I have most of what you need. I keep all bolts and when I went long arm I didn't throw anything away. It's worth a shot, just bring one to compare as I have lots of extra bolts from many things. haha

I'll pm you my cell#

ya i got some i think im on my third coat of it i have yet to try and take it off im basically saturating it a lot to hopefully guarantee success
and its also giving me a long enough break to cool down and not through a rock through my window lol

I have some Aerokroil (better than PB) you can borrow.

im stripping a xj right now i have all kinds of bolts your welcome to have whatever you want.
BTW i have 2 10'' and 2 6x9 and a 1000w amp in my xj all kenwood sick head unit, hahaha the old guys just dont get it........

damn so ya all i have left is the pitman arm which is a bitch to take off apparently lol
but after that im done woooo!!!!! =)

and ya i guess they dont get it i just want loud music while wheelin lol

im with yah man. I got a complete system in my XJ, and it hits hard and its loud. Takes up the whole back of my jeep, but thats what the roof rack is for. I even drive with my doors off and still have the music loud, some peopele like it some people dont..but im with you on this one, gotta have the stereo

ya pickle fork didnt work either. had to go ahead and grind it off which worked got the new pitman arm on and ran into another problem!!!! hopefully the last thing left is getting my upper control arm (passenger side) onto the axle, ive tried pushing on the axle with my feet, tie strap, sideways jack and many other methods and nothing works to get the holes to line up???
so ya any body got any ideas or want to come over and help tomorrow? after that i just have to put my tires on then lower the jack =)

so ya help again lol?

ive had good luck with a porta-power

ya pickle fork didnt work either. had to go ahead and grind it off which worked got the new pitman arm on and ran into another problem!!!! hopefully the last thing left is getting my upper control arm (passenger side) onto the axle, ive tried pushing on the axle with my feet, tie strap, sideways jack and many other methods and nothing works to get the holes to line up???
so ya any body got any ideas or want to come over and help tomorrow? after that i just have to put my tires on then lower the jack =)

so ya help again lol?

I just got done with installing a new front axle and ran in to the same thing... what i did was hook a come-along to the rear tow hitch (if you have one) then hooked it up to the side I was having problems with (its a two man job) Crank and hope to line up... If you didn't live all the way in the oc i would came and give ya a hand... best of luck

so ya help again lol?
Try a large pipe wrench with a bottle jack under the end of the handle.

Since you have 3/4 arms on, here's what I would do: Put the tires on and do the control arm with the jeep on the ground. That will allow you to roll it forward/back to help you line it all up. once you're close that way use a jack on the axle to move the bolt hole into position.

This worked well for me every time I've done control arm or axle work... and thats been alot!

Since you have 3/4 arms on, here's what I would do: Put the tires on and do the control arm with the jeep on the ground. That will allow you to roll it forward/back to help you line it all up. once you're close that way use a jack on the axle to move the bolt hole into position.

This worked well for me every time I've done control arm or axle work... and thats been alot!
i think ill try this idea since i dont know what a porta power is as 89xjcherokee said.
and i dont have a tow hitch.... i really dont know why my jeep didnt come with any
and im not sure about the pipe wrench thing last night we tried a bottle jack to wedge it in which didnt work then we tried two bottle jacks which still didnt workit actually started to just move the jeep back, the axle wouldnt budge lol

a porta power, which by the way you can buy at harbor freight for less than 50 bucks, is just a hydraulic ram with a whole bunch of different pieces that come with it. Different kinds of shoes and grabbers. it worked out really good for me everytime I've switched lifts on my Jeep..

not exactly, a porta power is just like a long bottle jack. its good for pushing things that wont budge :D

porta-power2.jpeg

im stripping a xj right now i have all kinds of bolts your welcome to have whatever you want.
BTW i have 2 10'' and 2 6x9 and a 1000w amp in my xj all kenwood sick head unit, hahaha the old guys just dont get it........

and ya i guess they dont get it i just want loud music while wheelin lol

Hey, just because we're old doesn't mean we don't get it (well, we don't get all of it). We were young once, believe me, none of you are doing anything I didn't do when I was young....and I mean anything. :)

I have a good stereo in my truck (nice amp, big speakers, 2 -10's), that I crank up on the drive out there. I just happen to prefer to not listen to loud music in a style that I don't like or don't want to listen to. Now, if you want to crank up some George Jones or Merle Haggard (or Led Zeppilin or ZZ Top), I'm in for awhile.

Some like loud music while wheeling, some don't. Nothing wrong with either, just personal preference. Of course, the style of music also has something to do with it. I am too old to appreciate that angry music stuff. :)

My personal reasoning is a throw back to hiking and backpacking, I like the peace and quiet of being out of doors, and that carries over to wheeling. Just my preference.

Good luck on getting all the new parts on. Pitman arm pullers don't cost much, and are pretty handy to have around, BTW.

Back