• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skull_black build thread

ya pickle fork didnt work either. had to go ahead and grind it off which worked got the new pitman arm on and ran into another problem!!!! hopefully the last thing left is getting my upper control arm (passenger side) onto the axle, ive tried pushing on the axle with my feet, tie strap, sideways jack and many other methods and nothing works to get the holes to line up???

Ratchet strap to the bumper to pull the axle forward. Floor jack underneath to lift it up. Old trick. Then again... you need to know the old farts to know the old tricks.

Pipe wrench trick works every time.

Hey, just because we're old doesn't mean we don't get it (well, we don't get all of it). We were young once, believe me, none of you are doing anything I didn't do when I was young....and I mean anything. :)

I have a good stereo in my truck (nice amp, big speakers, 2 -10's), that I crank up on the drive out there. I just happen to prefer to not listen to loud music in a style that I don't like or don't want to listen to. Now, if you want to crank up some George Jones or Merle Haggard (or Led Zeppilin or ZZ Top), I'm in for awhile.

Some like loud music while wheeling, some don't. Nothing wrong with either, just personal preference. Of course, the style of music also has something to do with it. I am too old to appreciate that angry music stuff. :)

My personal reasoning is a throw back to hiking and backpacking, I like the peace and quiet of being out of doors, and that carries over to wheeling. Just my preference.

Good luck on getting all the new parts on. Pitman arm pullers don't cost much, and are pretty handy to have around, BTW.

no worries ill be blastin classic rock alot out there XXXX ya man i was raised with that and punk.

and we got it off all i need to do now is put the passenger side upper control arm on the axle real hard though

I wheel with music, but not loud. I like to listen to the car...I want to know if something breaks quickly without it being covered up with music :)

however, when it;s ready for the prerunning desert, you know there will be a little bump a bump (not a system though)...

so time for pictures here ya go

first the gutted interior...
IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

the stuff im going to be installing or is already installed....

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

now the pictures of the xj with the old axle while i was dropping it

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

the bad diff (stupid bearings)

IMG_0809.jpg

the installed lift (need tires now lol)

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

rear suspension

IMG_0883.jpg

front suspension

IMG_0884.jpg

ask away for individual pictures if you want any info or if anyone wants to request a certain picture i can take and post or ya anything like that

Looks good..Post up when you put the tires on..Do me a favor, get a better pic of the rear lsprings at the u-bolts..PM it to me please..Trust me me when i say PM..LOL...

wut size lift? how does she ride?

its a 6.5 inch rough country and currently rides a little rough due to it needing an alignment badly and the left front strut is not fully tightened at the frame end, brake booster is in the way but that will be done tomorrow
as far as alignment i gotta find a cheap cheap cheap place or someone who can do that stuff

98rexj probably a dumb question but what does bamfs stand for if its what i think it is thanks lol i couldnt stand the jeeps regular tiny ass mirrors its a truck it needs some real mirrors

Back