• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sightings

Haleyes said:
Isn't his red? Like the one in his avatar?

Hale

I'm in the Rockford area, I haven't ventured that far yet in Big Red...especially now that I pickup up my 98' from the shipping company that delivered it Cali to Joliet, IL. I'd like to meet you all soon. :cheers:

Yeah Big Red is in my avatar. I'm building up my black 98' 2 dr a little 3-5" and 33" and Rubi 44's. Also I'm hot on the trail for a built 96' XJ from a member here in Richmond, VA. I just love them XJs. :laugh3:

I have a light blue 97' 4 door for sale as well as a black 94' YJ 2.5L 5 speed stock for now...I will cut good deals, please let me know if you are interested.

I've seen a few larger XJs in Rockford and nothern IL/southern WI in general. Do we have any Midwest NAXJA cards to hand out? I have a stack from the Sierra Chapter if I can find them in all my junk I still have in boxes mostly. :wierd:

91' XJ: HP 44/35 spline 9" detroits 5.38 gears auto tranny, Rubi t-case, 8" lift RE/SJ, 37" MTRs on beadlocks

98' XJ: 30/8.25, 5 speed...crappy 3.07 gears & 2" BB for now...soon to get Rubi axles and 3-5" and 33" BFG MTs

97' XJ: 30/8.25 auto, 231, 2" BB 200K miles no rust Cali Jeep for sale cheap:

Troy

Last edited:
A few today, a champagne pre 97 on 33s in the Hunters Crossing subdivision in Channahon.. and then a Red 97+ on 31s (2 TSLs and 2 street tires) and the same guy has a real clean (and stock) red pre 97..

OFF TOPIC: Anyone see Channahon on the news lately? :(

umm yeah this morning sucks..
dont know the whole story yet.
this morn there were just 3 sherrifs standing by the van and the mention of like 3 kids and 2 adults deceased..
have to watch the news tonite to see the details..

Big Red said:
Do we have any Midwest NAXJA cards to hand out? Troy

I think someone needs to make up a printable page in their gallery or something so we can print it off and cut them up to hand out .
easy to stick under wipers at the mall or whereever you find an xj.
simple blackyellow logo
internet address at the bottom
midwest chapter on it somewhere..
you members prob have this done already, im just throwing things out off my head.

@ an undisclosed location in lower michigan ,

plate.jpg

I have seen a dark green Xj in St. Charles around 4:30 - 5:00 pm
going south on Dunham towards rt 64
kifted, tires, maybe a rack. waved a few times

BOB

White 97-98 Sport at the Vincennes Walmart today, 5ish PM. Knox County, IN plates, 2 MWC stickers on the back and side windows. 4-5" lift, Toyo MTs (?), roof rack with 4 spotlights and a front light bar with 2 lights.

:wave:

IllianaXJ said:
White 97-98 Sport at the Vincennes Walmart today, 5ish PM. Knox County, IN plates, 2 MWC stickers on the back and side windows. 4-5" lift, Toyo MTs (?), roof rack with 4 spotlights and a front light bar with 2 lights.

:wave:

Interesting. Can't think of who that'd be....

I seen one last weekend in Evansville. Looked to have a NAXJA sticker on the back glass. I don't remember any details other than that though.:dunce:

Yeah, I was pretty sure I had never seen it before. It had 2 MWC decals, so they must have been on here at one time or another.

Yesterday I spotted a black XJ, 2-3 inches of lift.. 31's on stock wheels. I was in Rockville IN.

Had a sticker on the front that said something about Terre Haute

Who knows!

I'll keep you posted on all of em' I spot throughout this weekend :moon:

Egg

Pro Stock John said:
I have my NAXJA member sticker on the back of my green Country. I see a red XJ looks like 4" lift or more all the time on Montrose and Western... It's not kndrewa... Anyone on here?
saw that same one on elston and lawrence a couple of days ago

I had a goldishtanishcrapish colored XJ following me from Missouri through Illinois and into Indiana. Oh wait, that was my rig on the trailer on the way to Winterfest!! :D

Back