• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierrafest 13

i would love to do the con but i'm not sure my sisters jeep is up to it. maybe we can park it somewhere and just all cram into my jeep? (me, dad, and sister)

Re: Re: Sierrafest 13

i would love to do the con but i'm not sure my sisters jeep is up to it. maybe we can park it somewhere and just all cram into my jeep? (me, dad, and sister)

She's got lift and 31s it can make it. But depending on the loose but behind the wheel. Well determine that

She's got lift and 31s it can make it. But depending on the loose but behind the wheel. Well determine that

My dad would he the one driving. It doesn't have much of a lift. I don't think my dad is comfortable taking it there yet.

We will be posting minimum requirements for the Rubicon trip as well as the other trails (DV, Slick Rock).

For the Rubicon, those requirements will be 33's and at least one locker for Sierra Fest.

dang. looks like i'm out for con then :tear: dont have lockers yet

I did the 'con on 31's and a 3.5' lift with a mostly stock XJ and would not do it again, and that was during a Jamboree where there were plenty of rock stackers. I dragged my rig over just about every rock on the trail, and although the XJ did phenomenally well overall, I suffered much carnage and the fun factor was lower than later trips on 33's with my current XJ. I had rock rails and diff protection but lockers and mini skids would have helped immensely.

This was one of the first real wheeling trips with Old Blue, my first '99 Cherokee. May she rest in peace.

DSCN0936_817.jpg

Last edited:
it could be done on 31"s with a lot of lift. I was on 33"s and didn't drag much at all, except on the rockers. I got hung up on a couple optional lines during the rain.

You would only need to save $50 a month or $25 a paycheck and you could have an Aussie or similar to throw in the D30 by SierraFest.

I thought of that. I would just rather buy a better locker and do it right the first time. But I'll for sure look into it for sierrafest

An aussie is great dude. Espially if you are only running 33s. I wouldnt think twice about running an aussie up front. I have a luncbox on 36s.

An aussie is great dude. Espially if you are only running 33s. I wouldnt think twice about running an aussie up front. I have a luncbox on 36s.

I have heard they aren't the best for a DD though? Is that right or nothing to worry about

I DDd my Xj with the lunchbox for like a year and a half. only about 3-5 miles each direction, until towards the end where it was 15 miles each way for like 3 months.

I drive my Xj everywhere. I never notice the lunchbox up front. Nothing to worry about. Just lock the front dude. youll be so happy you did. you can prolly find a used lunchbox for cheap too.

I have heard they aren't the best for a DD though? Is that right or nothing to worry about
Nothing to worry about at all.. Only time I notice mine is when I make a super sharp u-turn. DO IT!

I DDd my Xj with the lunchbox for like a year and a half. only about 3-5 miles each direction, until towards the end where it was 15 miles each way for like 3 months.

I drive my Xj everywhere. I never notice the lunchbox up front. Nothing to worry about. Just lock the front dude. youll be so happy you did. you can prolly find a used lunchbox for cheap too.

Looks like my mind is made up haha thanks for the inpit guys

Nothing to worry about at all.. Only time I notice mine is when I make a super sharp u-turn. DO IT!

Back