• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierrafest 13

Does deer valley include slick rock?

yes, we will setup a day trip to slickrock.
we will also do a night run up deer valley. :yelclap:
sierrafest is by far my favorite run of the year & this year will be another great party! party1:

Hell yeah. I'm stoked for this. Already asked for the days off at work haha. Hopefully I will be able to run Rubicon too

Dates are official:

Aug 5th through Aug 11th

5th - 7th = Rubicon
8th - 11th = Deer Valley

The Sierra Fest sub forum in the Events section is now open. I haven't started a thread about the Deer Valley Portion of the event yet because there are still things we are working out.

I'm in for the whole trip.

are you gonna have a jeep by then, or should I save a seat for ya? :D

I do the Con week too but on 31's????? I think I will wait.

skipper youll be fine on 31s dont stress about it, just wheel it. just like that movie 40 year virgin, you need to stop putting the con on a pedestal dude.

and as for the entire week, I already have the week off in october for Moab, but ill do my best to see if I can fly into the con late weds night perhaps and just take thursday and friday off and just meet up with you guys by wheeling all night , lots of red bull and multi vitamins and in and out cheeseburgers... can prolly make it from loon to buck from 11pm to 3am. ...

edit : I just saw you on the con 5-7, so coming up weds would have to be a straight through drive, hmmm. maybe just take friday off and meet ya all at DV instead. shoot.

I'm thinking :confused:

Skipper, yes you could take your XJ or any XJ through the 'Con on 31's and we've done it before. HOWEVER, as nice as your Jeep is, I would not feel comfortable taking it through on 31's. Not saying it isn't capable, but I would hate to see the damage you'd get.

I get damage every time I go through! (stupid Big Sluice...)

I've marked the calendar for the Rubicon portion, plus two other rigs.

I have heard that people have gone through the 'con with 31's and body/undercarriage protection. I have Tim's old 2x6 sliders, but need skids.

I did it on 33s open and stock gearing and i went home with a bent tie rod and a leaking rear diff and a couple of pin stripes on each side.. I feel like mine was a different story i go to loon lake at 930 at night and wheeled to the creek campground got there around 1 am and camped there. so i night wheeling the con my first time with open diffs and still drove it home

skipper youll be fine on 31s dont stress about it, just wheel it. just like that movie 40 year virgin, you need to stop putting the con on a pedestal dude.

and as for the entire week, I already have the week off in october for Moab, but ill do my best to see if I can fly into the con late weds night perhaps and just take thursday and friday off and just meet up with you guys by wheeling all night , lots of red bull and multi vitamins and in and out cheeseburgers... can prolly make it from loon to buck from 11pm to 3am. ...

edit : I just saw you on the con 5-7, so coming up weds would have to be a straight through drive, hmmm. maybe just take friday off and meet ya all at DV instead. shoot.

I think you made a better choice meeting up on Friday. :idea:
You are right Jon....I'm in to do the Rubicon too....I hope it is not my Waterloo

Last edited:
Back