• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapters First 2006 Event!!

Matt, I may just drive up there for this one if I can get my junk ready!

You've got a better chance of seeing my dumb ass than Sequoias!

Is participation of XJ with both front and rear open diffs out of the question ?

I am also not sure whether chains will fit on me even with sway bar disconnects on.
Tires are NOT M/T, just regular all-season.

I am running 3.5 lift with 31 tires.

Slonopotam said:
Is participation of XJ with both front and rear open diffs out of the question ?

I am also not sure whether chains will fit on me even with sway bar disconnects on.
Tires are NOT M/T, just regular all-season.

I am running 3.5 lift with 31 tires.

Open diffs are fine! A/Ts are going to do better than M/Ts in the snow anyhow! Just need to really let the air out and you'll float. You wont need to put chains on ever really. Its just to show the CHP that you have them and are "prepared"

Worst case scenario, you get stuck and we pull you out! just have GOOD tow points front and rear.

Hey Scrappy. Any hotel recomendations in the Fresno area? There is gonna be 4 of us sharing a room so it's gotta be a little spacey. I am also bringing my dog so it would have to be pet friendly.

Thanks in advance....

Shark Mark :)

BC hooked us up in a cabin last weekend, we ended up with 11 people and even with the extra cleaning charges it was under $22 a night per person, we ended up with a compleatly different cabin in the end because at the start it looked like it was going to be only 5 or 6 people.

here is some of the one's he found
Here's one that has 2 double beds and 5 twin beds, for $160 per night + $70 cleaning fee.
http://resort.guarantee.com/(qpk2rjvy5zdqnbnoalqpzg45)/viewproperty.aspx?PropertyID=14854

About $390 for the wekend.

This one was $110 per night + $60 = $280 for the weekend. This one has one King and 2 twin beds.
http://resort.guarantee.com/(qpk2rjvy5zdqnbnoalqpzg45)/viewproperty.aspx?PropertyID=9882http://resort.guarantee.com/(qpk2rjvy5zdqnbnoalqpzg45)/viewproperty.aspx?PropertyID=14854

Hope this helps, the price might change by then if there is more snow, but it was cool to be so close to the trail and always better to stay up in the trees then down in the city.

Lets talk lodging for a moment.

Since the run in saturday, and we will be doing pizza down the hill in prather. There are two options for those who need lodging.

option 1: If you are staying friday night to make the run saturday, it would be best to stay in Shaver. For that, I have a place available anyone would beable to stay at. I would need to know how many to expect by the 1st.

option 2: If you are staying saturday, it would be best to stay in fresno. That way you dont have to drive out of the way to your lodging. There are pleanty of hotels/motels in town.

If you need arrangements for FRIDAY NIGHT, please let me know how many to expect. Once I have made the reservations, I hope no one will be unexpectedly not showing up.

Matt

After looking at the last set of bald pics, you guys are killing me... I will be forced to sit on the sidelines for yet another run...

The good news is that the Covered Wagon conversion :dunce: starts the 14th so by mid Febuary it will be awn...

-jm

HTeK said:
After looking at the last set of bald pics, you guys are killing me... I will be forced to sit on the sidelines for yet another run...

The good news is that the Covered Wagon conversion :dunce: starts the 14th so by mid Febuary it will be awn...

-jm

why you sitting out? dude... i see stock libertys with paper plates up there :gag: The optional stuff is just that, optional.

We will get some deep, fresh snow, won't we? If it's just driving in tracks that are already there and packed down, that's no fun.

I like breaking trail when no one has been there before. :)

Hey guys-

for places to stay, the Tamarack Motor Lodge is pretty darn okay - for $75 a night, full kitchen with fireplace, they supply the wood. Funky psychadelic carpet and decor, but I figure it's a great place to crash if you're headed for that area and you don't have to head back down 168. Drive past Shaver, past the exit to Big Creek, you'll go up a big hill, and the lodge is on the right. I believe they're dog friendly, too.

For places to stay in Fresburg, I'd hit the Comfort Suites, off of Blackstone. Complimentary wine/beer after 4 or 5, great service, good rates. Suites offer full kitchens. Plus it's quiet, since it's not directly off of Blackstone. Most of the hotels in the area are off of Shaw or one of the main drags down there.

If there is at least a foot, we will have a ton of FRESH UNTOUCHED SNOW. most dipshits cant make it to the gate cuz they dont know how to drive. Plus with the foot of snow on the ground. the "trail" becomes much wider in alot of places.

Oh and to add to the list of things. If you are trailering, I have 3 different spots you can park your rig and trailer depending on the road worthyness of your trailer trash. If its barely street legal, you get to trailer into shaver (if you have 4x4 tow rig) If its more street friendly, there is a park and ride really really close. Then there is the shopping center parking lot for those others. I have only 3 or 4 spots available in Shaver. The Park and Ride has about 5 to 10.

Lupine said:
Hey guys-

for places to stay, the Tamarack Motor Lodge is pretty darn okay - for $75 a night, full kitchen with fireplace, they supply the wood. Funky psychadelic carpet and decor, but I figure it's a great place to crash if you're headed for that area and you don't have to head back down 168. Drive past Shaver, past the exit to Big Creek, you'll go up a big hill, and the lodge is on the right. I believe they're dog friendly, too.

For places to stay in Fresburg, I'd hit the Comfort Suites, off of Blackstone. Complimentary wine/beer after 4 or 5, great service, good rates. Suites offer full kitchens. Plus it's quiet, since it's not directly off of Blackstone. Most of the hotels in the area are off of Shaw or one of the main drags down there.

Thanks Crashette. On the Shaver Lake lodging. My wheeling buddy, who will be on the trip, owns Shaver Lake Village. Its a nice hotel and he is hooking us up for 95 a night. sleeps 4 a room. There are cabins I can get as well if you have a group of friends you want to stay with.

Well, I'm towing since I still don't have the full doors on. I figured on leaving the tow rig in Prather which would make it easier since we're coming back there Sat evening for pizza.

I wouldn't mind towing up to Shaver, and the truck is 4wd. Is the road kept clear all the way into Shaver? I wouldn't want to have to stop and mess with chains on the truck, or deal with ice if I got there real late Fri night.

I probably won't decide if I'm coming up Fri evening (if so, could be late) or real early Sat morning, until the week before the trip. Most likely, I'll leave the camper on the truck from the New Years trip, drive up late Fri night and sleep in the parking lot in Prather, and meet you guys there Sat moring.

Scrappy said:
why you sitting out? dude... i see stock libertys with paper plates up there :gag: The optional stuff is just that, optional.

Im sittin because you guys are going the day that I am starting my axle swaps...

-jm

Ok, so a quick update.

Shaver Lake Village Hotel has confirmed that they will host our group if needed. This hotel is very nice! You can check out their website at http://shaverlakevillagehotel.com and PM me the room you want with your basic info. I will need to get in contact with them prior to your calling, that way you receive the discount. This place is not large, they have 8 rooms and 3 or 4 cabins. They are NOT dog friendly during the winter, they do not want to have things getting filthy wet from the animals.

For those that do decide to stay there, we will be meeting you in Shaver Lake.

Thanks!

XJedi23 said:
This may be a stupid question, but do u'all bring women and children on any of these things?

Absoloutly families are invited. Women and children are always invited on the runs.

Today is the 28th... I have zero rooms reserved. After the first, your own your own for accomidations.

I hope some of you are planning on coming! I have made special arrangements with the pizza place for extra special drinks.

Anyone for sure yet?

Back