• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

Hey Joe, Hows it going? Wheres your intro?

I dont know how to post pic's, Can you post a pic of us at jumbo for me. :thumbup:

Here is a little update on my XJ build. Recently I have done a RE long arm upgrade, SYE, DL, front shocks with BPE and stem eliminators. I also have JCR Stage 3 sliders and OTK steering arriving next week.

RTI1.jpg

RTI2.jpg

RTI3.jpg

Picture191.jpg

Its a Rugged Ridge SYE and a TJ front DL cut down for my rear DL.
LAkit26.jpg

LAkit27.jpg

This is how my Jeep looks now.. 5.5 RE, short arms w/ drop brackets, 33"at, hpd30,8.25 both stock, sye, custom sliders. Also have k&n filter, banks header, bassani muffler, 5spd with hand throttle.. Thats all I can think of for now..
~ Fully built hpd30 and 8.25 going in within the next few weekends along with 1.75" spacer and 1.75 shackle relocator, with 35" km2s. ..and maybe 3 link front. not sure if im going to have enough $$.
Enjoy the pics. new ones with upgrades will be posted asap.
036-4.jpg

JeepRedone056.jpg

100_1635.jpg

100_1758copy.jpg

Nice Rig - Make sure to make SierraFest in July :)

second weekend of july is the midnight run on the Rubicon. I already have time reuested off for this. May not be able to make it..

how you liking the KM2's? I really wanted to get a set, but didn't have the cash so I went used...

how you liking the KM2's? I really wanted to get a set, but didn't have the cash so I went used...

I didn't have the cash but I went with KM2s anyway.

I really like them so far but my experience with them has been limited to one run (as in pics shown above). I did not air them down, but they seemed very good in the mud. I like the tread design and the sidewalls are strong. Road noise is less than expected. They'll see snow this Saturday so I will be able to report on that soon. Granite boulders will be tested in June, or earlier if I can find a springtime run. I bought BFGs again because I had two sets of A/T KO's and really liked them in all terrain conditions. These had to be better with the more aggressive tread.

I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to slap this meat on their BBQ?

ry%3D400

Last edited:
Right on, right on. I ended up with some used (but PLENTY of meat left) KM's. I haven't had them anywhere yet, cause I just mounted them today, but from what I've heard they oughta be pretty sweet. the KM2's just look even more awesome.

Well i ended up having my steering lock up hit a brick wall and bounced off the wall and floped in the air and landed on the roof on the curb. I was stuck in it for a little bit and someone stopped and pulled me out of it. My knee got stuck by the steering wheel somewhere. Left arm got wrapped up in the seat belt when i unbuckled. I managed to walk away and just be sore. This was two nights ago. I started working on it today and wanted to see if i can manage to straighten it out enough to put a windshield back in. Doors wont seal correctly yet but i am going to be working on it more. My front clip broke in half steering bent and the spot where the tre goes to the knuckle the knuckle bent a bit. I have a buddy giving me a new clip, windshield, doors, hood, hatch all for free to help me out. There is another story to go along with this all too. but id rather keep that local than world wide.
030910225614-1.jpg

030910231347.jpg

031010121914.jpg

031110120354.jpg

031110140256.jpg

ya im glad i am too. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I was supposed to have them that night too but their mother and i decided she would keep them and id come over in the morning. I really dont have the funds to buy another XJ at this time so i gotta keep this one. im putting a cage in asap now though.

Holy crap, can't believe you've straightened it out as well as you have already. Glad to hear you're OK. I think if you're going to try to breathe some life back into it, a cage is a definite must as I don't imagine that top will hold up to even the lightest flop after getting folded like that. I thought XJ's relied on an intact roof structure (or well tied in cage) to maintain their integrity?

ya i get the parts next week to finish it up. If i cant get the windshield in i have the section off another xj that i will have a friend that does body work put in for me. Hes good. Then i will cage it and make it basically a dedicated toy/summer car LMAO

Not sure I ever posted my current lift setup. 4" bastard pack/RE SF on 33x12.5 BFGs

These were both taken today. Against my better judgement I decided to wax it and Armor All the tires. Oh well, it looks nice

DSCN1571.jpg

DSCN1579-1.jpg

Hi all-I posted pics of the rig a couple of pages back, but I don't think I ever posted my setup:

• ACOS Spacers
  • 5.5 in Rubi - xpress lift f/b
  • Steering Stabilizer
  • Bushwacker Flares
  • Rhino Lining - Lower panels/Sliders/F&R Bumpers/Flares/Roof
  • AIRAID air intake
  • throttle body spacer
  • RunCool Hood Louvers
  • 'Glass Packs
  • 4:56 gears
  • 35" BFG MTZ II
  • 15 x 8 Mickey Thompson Sidebiter Rims