• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sick Dog Racing Jeepspeed Build

thats a beautiful node in the center of your b pillar... you must be a patient man!

your cage shares a lot of design cue's with mine, that makes me feel better about my work!

Thanks

Patient....not me. 20 years ago we used to notch the tubing with a chop saw and hand grinder, that takes Patients. I dont know what I would do without my tube notcher.

Dropped the cage last night and welded all top tubes.
Cut holes on the floor and dropped the cage.
IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

what notcher you run? i like my JD2 TN-01, but it needs a 2nd notcher to help on the more complex notches on shorter peices. im thinking the notchmaster.

how'd the b-pillar drop out? it doesnt look like it would have room to drop thru a hole, due to the diagonals. did this stuff have to come untacked?

what notcher you run? i like my JD2 TN-01, but it needs a 2nd notcher to help on the more complex notches on shorter peices. im thinking the notchmaster.

how'd the b-pillar drop out? it doesnt look like it would have room to drop thru a hole, due to the diagonals. did this stuff have to come untacked?

Its a pro tools notcher.

Yea, all the B pillar tubes except 3 where removed to weld the top of the cage.

Last edited:
More work on the C pillar.
IMG_2166.jpg

Started on the upper rear shock mounts.
IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

Rear upper shock mounts done, just need welding.
IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

Looks awesome! wanna sell the 5 car? haha

Thanks. The 5 car belongs to M&D, and it is bad ass. Waste of a perfectly good oval window though.

Question are those shocks tilted back a little to get 90 degree's at bump? Were getting ready to do this to a buddys jeep.

There completely Vertical at full droop and about 2-3 degrees leaning forward (towards engine)at full bump.

I bought a 97 4.0 motor from Jon Krellwitz it was out of Symanskies Jeepspeed that Jon parted out.
IMG_2104.jpg

I got a good deal on it but the passenger side motor had been broken a few times. Looks like two of the four screws hole had broken screws stuck in them.
IMG_2106.jpg

Took a while to get the screws out. Cleaned all the holes up and got 3/4" of clean good threads on all holes.
IMG_2124.jpg

I Installed the Brown Dog engine brackets. They really fit great.
IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

Because Some of the hole on the block where damaged I made a modification to the passanger side Brown Dog mount to use the two alternator screws as well as two other 5/16 screws on the block.
IMG_2185.jpg

Started working on the engine cage.
IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

Back