• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sick Dog Racing Jeepspeed Build

Well we finally started the cage work.
Starting the A & B pillars.
IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

During some preliminary measuring Scott Moldenhauer of M&D Motorsports found a mistake i made with the placement of the C pillar base plates. In order to get the Mandatory 30 degree rear down bar we hade to move the C pillar base plates back 4 1/2". Scott really know his sh@t when it comes to cages.
IMG_2093.jpg

Cage looks sweet!!! I wish Mine was that Tucked. Question, why have the tube land on that plate?

Thanks Scott does nice work.

The plates will be welded to the body as well as bolted to plates under the body that tie into key suspension points.

More cage work
GEDC1929.jpg

GEDC1922.jpg

GEDC1923.jpg

GEDC1924.jpg

GEDC1925.jpg

GEDC1930.jpg

thats one great looking cage!! fits nice and snug to the body!

Nice work. I'm just interested to see how he's going to weld the tops of those joints.

As you know welding all tubing on the top of these cages is a challenge. My plan is to tack as much as possible then remove the bottom plate and cut a hole in the body to allow the cage to drop about 2 inches. this should alow me to get the clearance to properly weld the top of the cage, when done I'll weld up the holes and return the cage to the origanal location. Picture to follow

GEDC1939.jpg

GEDC1940.jpg

GEDC1941.jpg

GEDC1945.jpg

GEDC1943.jpg

GEDC1944.jpg

thanks! Its rare to see a cage that tucks that well in the rear. do you plan to run plate between the cage and the body once it's fully welded?

thanks! Its rare to see a cage that tucks that well in the rear. do you plan to run plate between the cage and the body once it's fully welded?

Yea, M&D does nice work. Im real happy with it so far.

I plan on plating everywhere I can.

Finished the B pillar and starting the C pillar.
IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

thats a beautiful node in the center of your b pillar... you must be a patient man!

your cage shares a lot of design cue's with mine, that makes me feel better about my work!

Back