• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sick Dog Racing Jeepspeed Build

While speaking of antirock's whats the reviews of them for prerunners? I replaced mine with a 4cyl bar to allow a little more twisty action but not crazy but the bushings are shot so now i took it off and am not running a swaybar and i dont really mind it off, but if its better to have a swaybar then Im going to go antirock instead of buying new bushings and stuff for a stock bar

While speaking of antirock's whats the reviews of them for prerunners? I replaced mine with a 4cyl bar to allow a little more twisty action but not crazy but the bushings are shot so now i took it off and am not running a swaybar and i dont really mind it off, but if its better to have a swaybar then Im going to go antirock instead of buying new bushings and stuff for a stock bar

The smaller bar will allow more body roll. As for the Currie set up I cant tell you how good it is Because I never used one before. But everything I read say its the best kit. I only have about $325.00 in to my system. If you can fab or have uimited fab resources just buy the parts you need from Currie. If your going fast I would at least have the stock bar.

We pulled the one off our original car after the first season. The new car will not have one. That is all I'm saying.

on my last xj i didnt run a sway bar with the rear deavers i never needed one it was stiff enough that some throttle would suck the rear down and it stuck where it was pointed!

Just to clarify Im not running a sway bar in the rear.

can you please say more? did you find stiffer springs and shocks helped to go faster er what? what were your coils rated at? what shock combo?

I will say that we are running an off-the-shelf Rubicon Express coil. This is the same coil that 1714 used for the past 2 seasons when he won the championships, and they put us in 2nd in points both years. We are running quad-bypass 2.5" Bilsteins.

We pulled the one off our original car after the first season. The new car will not have one. That is all I'm saying.

Yes please elaborate. I know I'm risking being called a spammer but dollar for dollar its the best upgrade i have done on my JS. I almost hate selling them to guys building a JS because i feel it gives me a advantage.

We have always ran Rubicon coils and i like them as well..

Are the coils the Rubicon grand cherokee coils. Ive heard the spring rateon those is 220lbs. Thought about those as well as the deaver coils.

Yes they are speaking of the grand coils and i believe there where you mentioned. I have the skyjacker 6" coils which are slightly higher at 235. They settled to a perfect height of 5.5" and i love em. I went with them to get a slightly stiffer rate than RE and they were only $160 shipped to my door from summitt as opposed to $174 from RE if i went and picked them up.

Last edited:
Yes please elaborate. I know I'm risking being called a spammer but dollar for dollar its the best upgrade i have done on my JS. I almost hate selling them to guys building a JS because i feel it gives me a advantage.

I have the same set up. We put an Anti Rock on the front 5 years ago. It doubled corner speeds and helped alot with keeping the car straight in the bumps.
It flat out sucked without it...

Top 3 (2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd) in points in all 4 years in JS. I think we are doing something right somewhere. We might have given up a little speed in the corners, but the car flat out dances in the rough. When we pass other cars in the rough it tells us that we are moving in the right direction with the development of the car.

Finally took the time to read this thread. Very nice work, some real nice ideas. Good luck with the rest of the build and best of luck to you when you start racing.

:cheers:

Finally took the time to read this thread. Very nice work, some real nice ideas. Good luck with the rest of the build and best of luck to you when you start racing.

:cheers:

Thanks

Top 3 (2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd) in points in all 4 years in JS. I think we are doing something right somewhere. We might have given up a little speed in the corners, but the car flat out dances in the rough. When we pass other cars in the rough it tells us that we are moving in the right direction with the development of the car.

If I'm not mistaken you are racing with Heiden. You guys should be a consistent threat, the guy has been racing sense i was a fetus.

The reason i asked you to elaborate was for the benefit of the people reading this tread. I was hoping you would get more into the technical aspects of why you don't think having a sway bar is a good idea, maybe an example of a bad handling characteristic you have experienced. I like how it makes my jeep feel more stable in the cross grain ruts. Like i said before the fewer JS that are running a sway bar the better for me.

If I'm not mistaken you are racing with Heiden. You guys should be a consistent threat, the guy has been racing sense i was a fetus.

The reason i asked you to elaborate was for the benefit of the people reading this tread. I was hoping you would get more into the technical aspects of why you don't think having a sway bar is a good idea, maybe an example of a bad handling characteristic you have experienced. I like how it makes my jeep feel more stable in the cross grain ruts. Like i said before the fewer JS that are running a sway bar the better for me.

And all of this has WHAT to do with Larrys build? If you guys have issue, start a "Anti-rock" thread don't clutter this one up.

It is a little off topic, but info on products and their up/down side is to me part of a build thread. A sway bar use in a race/prerunner application thread could be informative

Chris - I guess our experience has just been different. We found that the front works better in the cross-grain stuff without the bar. It is letting each wheel react more independently (as much as that can happen with a straight axle) and helps settle the front of the car more. Yeah, we get some body roll in the corners, but really how much time can you gain by going a few mph more in a corner vs going a few more mph in the rough? There is a lot more rough than corners in what we do.

the guy has been racing sense i was a fetus.

Now that is funny right there.

Back