• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sick Dog Racing Jeepspeed Build

very nice, it looks like your coil was a tight fit around the 2.5" bumps.

Ya it was. I had to shave off about .020" per side of the inside of the top coil.

Spring steel... tisk tisk... Coil is gonna break and hit someone in the face,:gee:

lol jk right on...

Cool you made the 2.5's work.. Good on you..

Been out for town for a week, time to get back at it.
Bottom shock mount
IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

Top shock mounts
Shock bosses
IMG_1736.jpg

Inner plates
IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

Outer plate
IMG_1739.jpg

Gussets
IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

Shock mounted. I need to get some 45 degree elbows for the reservoirs.
IMG_1796.jpg

wow, that is the most built up upper shock mount i've ever seen, you could prob mount a coilover up their (with some reinforcement on the other side). amazing work

great looking plate work! Must have been real fun welding on all that inner fender sheetmetal, you must be a very patient man:)(I have lots of scars from that crap).

What is your travel ratio bump/droop with your shock mounts?

great looking plate work! Must have been real fun welding on all that inner fender sheetmetal, you must be a very patient man:)(I have lots of scars from that crap).

What is your travel ratio bump/droop with your shock mounts?

Man welding that stuff sucks. Ya and I got the burns on my arms to prove it as well.

Right now its 3" down and 7" up. looking for about 4-6. I'm thinking once the springs sag in I'll be right there.

Im using a Dodge Durango Steering box. It bolted right in.
I started on the steering box stiffener. I went about it a little differantly.
Top plate.
IMG_1805.jpg

Bottom u-bolt clamp.
IMG_1807.jpg

Steering box side bracket welded.
IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

Passanger side frame mount
IMG_1817.jpg

Stiffener done.
IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

Mounted.
IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

wow i really dig the steering brace. probably the best one i have ever seen

Started working on my Currie Antirock sway bar. I only bought the torsion bar and the arms from Currie, everthing else I made myself. I wanted to tie the two front frame horns together so i used a 1 3/4" .120 wall DOM tube to give it a little back bone.
Currie Antirock Sway bar
IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

End frame brackets
IMG_1659.jpg

I made my own Delrin bushings
IMG_1660.jpg

Sway bar tube and brackets in place but not welded.
IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

Welding it to the frame rails
IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

Delrin bushings and and torsion bar installed.
IMG_1834.jpg

Damn Larry, I'm impressed with this build more and more every day. Awesome that you're making so much forward progress on it.

Thanks.

Busting azz on it I'm tring to make the Mint.

has anybody who's done the durango box mod felt a renix era steering box? I love my renix box, i can turn my 33's with my pinky. My stock 87 box feels way better than my 96 xj did with a stock box.

Currie Antirock done. I hade to off set the arms. After I cut them up I realized I could buy an off set arm from Currie. Brain fart............
Arms and links installed.
IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

Axle mount. I just need to remove the axle and finish the all the welding.
IMG_1852.jpg

At full bump.
IMG_1860.jpg

Pulled the Engine, Trans and transfer case this weekend. Looks like the engine had a rear main seal leaking forever. What a mess.
I took Sunday off to go to the Curt LaDuca Offroad swapmeet.
Scored some wheels.
IMG_1875.jpg

Back