• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sick Dog Racing Jeepspeed Build

That trans cooler looks like a good size to mate to a small electric fan, i.e. Derale/PWR.

Yea it about 9" X 12" and it has double flare tube fitting rather then the hose barb fittings most stock coolers have. The Toyota fans are about 12" in diameter. I plan on running two of these coolers.

Im using a stock 2WD axle that I gusseted myself.
IMG_0942.jpg

C gussets and LCA reinforced
IMG_0944.jpg

UCA reinforced
IMG_0949.jpg

Ends
IMG_0948.jpg

Track bar mount
IMG_1209-1.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

one more thing. is that bronco driveshaft for a 2wd or a 4wd jeep? thanks.

one more thing. is that bronco driveshaft for a 2wd or a 4wd jeep? thanks.

4WD. Pick-a-Part in Hespiera has 3 or 4 late model Bronco's now, but most of the rear shafts have been damaged by lifting the cars with a fork lift. I think I read here someone used the front shaft out of a Bronco, its just a little smaller in diameter.

4WD. Pick-a-Part in Hespiera has 3 or 4 late model Bronco's now, but most of the rear shafts have been damaged by lifting the cars with a fork lift. I think I read here someone used the front shaft out of a Bronco, its just a little smaller in diameter.

damn, i need a cv for a 2wd, no transfercase.... know of any tucks that have one a little longer?

damn, i need a cv for a 2wd, no transfercase.... know of any tucks that have one a little longer?

i have been searching here for info on transfer cases and seeing a ton of threads on drive shafts. Search under several differant topic. Also search junk yard upgrades. Tons of usefull data there.

I know most Jeepspeeds run 9" rear ends, but I'm trying watch my $$$. Once again after I get some seat time I want to build a 9". But for now Im building a 8.8 exploder. I'm running the stock LS carrier to test but plan on running C-clip eliminator axle kit, spool and 6.00 gears for the first race. I did change the ring in pinon to a 4.88, but that was before I found out I could get 6.00 ring and pinon for the 8.8. Heres some pictures.
A major weak point for the 8.8 is the axle tubes, so I welded them.
043.jpg

Welded on some Rough Stuff spring perchs.
044.jpg

Adding my truss.
021.jpg

022.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

My rear end is ready to install.
IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

lllloookin good! love your bump pads!
wheres the breather on the 8.8's?

Thanks. The breather was on one of the axle tubes. I welded it up. I'm using the anti lock brake sensor hole. I just re-tapped the hole for 3/8 pipe.

DSC00987.jpg

Beautiful work so far. I am impressed with what you have done. I have a question. Any reason why you didn't truss under?

I felt like the front and top truss where strong enough. No bottom truss for one reason ground clearance. Even though the punkin is lowest part of the axle i want to keep the slimest profile possible to reduce the plowing effect.

I felt like the front and top truss where strong enough. No bottom truss for one reason ground clearance. Even though the punkin is lowest part of the axle i want to keep the slimest profile possible to reduce the plowing effect.

I figured ground clearance might have had soemthing to do with it. It looks stout for sure. Can't wait to see more progress pics!!!:clap:

I figured ground clearance might have had soemthing to do with it. It looks stout for sure. Can't wait to see more progress pics!!!:clap:

When you going to finish your build?

Back