• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me your jeep! Thread

my jeep in this thread now
scan1055.jpg

lmao. It is only bolted to the frame rails (2 bolts) Its really solid and doesnt move. I'm having trouble bolting it to the front rail thing. It doesnt seem to line up. So it is really hard to bolt it all in. I love the skid plate and helps a lot. I want to get a ZJ tie rod soon to get rid of my crappy dead stock steering. Its so sluggish.

Is there a guide to relocating that canister? And I'd like to trim my front and rear because I felt my rear rub today. But I dont want to lose the fenders. I'm undecided.

Pics of today after I cleaned it then went wheeling with my girlfriend and our friend lol

dscf3967.jpg

dscf3968.jpg

dscf3969.jpg

dscf3970.jpg

dscf3971.jpg

dscf3978.jpg

Also (I cant park in the driveway anymore) my rear main seal is starting to leak a tiny bit. How difficult is it to do? I have only simple hand tools (which got me through doing my alternator and front springs and coils). I'd like to do a tune up (oil change, rotor, wires, plugs, checky my dif fluid maybe change my trans and t case fluid). I'm waiting on a miracle to bring in this money. trying to find odd jobs or anything. I need longer sway bar links (or do some sort of homebrew method to keep my driver side sway bar link from rubbing into my spring). I need to also redrill my track bar.

lol jeep

Rear main seal is OK to do IF you know what your doing and take your time... http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoRearMain.htm the vac bottle is pretty much disconnect the lines bring them up into the engine bay, find a spot to put the bottle and re-connect.

I relocated that vaccum canister to the diagonal fender/wheel well support right behind it's stock location and it's worked out great. Had to do that when I mounted up the winch bumper.

Just to be clear, don't drill out your trac bar - you want to relocate the trac bar mount by drilling a new hole on the mounting bracket. This bracket will be on the under side of the front axle on the passenger side. I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying.

In the beginning..

DSC04242.jpg

Then there was lift...

DSC04410.jpg

Then there was wheeling...

DSC05548.jpg

DSC05557.jpg

damnit you knew!? I must say I did the front quite well :) I want to find some rubber trim for it. The back I used the sawzaw to make little cuts then I used the rubber mallet to bang most of it back. Then I used a grinder on the front then filed it down. The back I still need to remove the rear tires, sand the lips (paint chippin) and touch it up with black spray paint and eventually bed line that little lip.

x2!

x3 :)

And I realized why you said sawzall. I only got 31" tires but I want to do it because I think it looks better. Tomorrow I am going to sand down the lip on the rear fenders and touch it up with flat black spray paint.

Back