• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show and Shine

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Guess I will take this bull by the horns.

A few items I need....

A grill. I know we have a few other BBQ type stuff going on during the week. Is anyone bringing a grill or two we could borrow for this?

Trophies. I have a guy, Geoff says he has a guy. I say we go with whoever is cheap and good.

Award categories. Best built, best equipped, best of show, Rick Norman, and Richard mentioned a Bone Head award. I'd also like to do a people's choice award. Every entry has a number, every one throws their favorite jeep in a box, highest vote wins. Am I missing any?

Judges. I'm going to start a thread in every chapter asking for a judge. Don't know if we will have members from every chapter but we should. I'm going to ask that the judges help prepare and clean up. 8-10 guys should be able to handle the chores.

Any other concerns?

I like it.

If you trust your trophy guy and his prices are competitive and it will save you headaches of using one from somewhere else, I'm fine with you using him. Myself and Bricker have a NAXJA card or he can write a check to pay for them.

Thanks
mac

I trust Doug for sure.

Thoughts:

Trophies for the S&S:
Best Built
Most Eqiupped
Best of Show
Cleanest Stocker
Rick Norman
The Sackrider (people's choice)

Plaques (or trophies?) for the Dinner
Furthest Traveled (Rainer or Vince)
Furthest Driven in XJ (some NAC dweeb)
Most Improved Driver
Bonehead

Bonehead should really be given out at the dinner since it's near the end of the event.

Plaques or regular trophies (pillars with item on top) are $10 - $15 / each.
Acrylic trophies are $40 - $50 each. Doug isn't aware of rock designs for bases but can look for them.

The tricky part is what we put on top, he has trucks, Wranglers, but no XJ designs. Let's think about designs.

Here is what I've sent to Doug to start brainstorming:

Best Built - Maybe some sort of wrench / tool design?
Most Equipped - Camping gear??
Best of Show - ?
Cleanest Stocker - ?
Rick Norman - You wouldn't happen to have a crumpled trash can, would you (this is the most beat up Jeep award)?
People's Choice Award (Crowd chosen) - ?

I need a way to cook hot dogs.

Is anyone bringing a grill for any of the other events that we could borrow?

You're gonna make me bring my Bantam aren't you?

I brought the grills for the 25th.

We'll just use plaques, which is what we've done in the past. Best built is just that, well done and a bunch of good parts. Best equiped ends up being a combination of what's on the car and what equipment, parts, accesories that are carried. Cleanest is a very nice car, good paint and good looking, can be really built or slightly modified. I wouldn't do a best stock, if a stock rig is the best looking then they'll get the award. Most Thrashed is what we've done in the past, could be a Rick Norman memorial award but he's never actually received that award, he got the Bonehead award one year (we just know his rig is really really beat up). I like the Peoples Choice award idea.

The Bonehead award isn't part of the show and shine, we'll have to pick that one before dinner Fri. Furthest traveled is good, we've done that before. Furthest that actually drove an XJ/MJ is good idea. If this sounds good to you, then plan on getting plaques for these awards, except Bonehead, we'll have to make one for that. I'll see what I can come up with.

We'll just use plaques, which is what we've done in the past. Best built is just that, well done and a bunch of good parts. Best equiped ends up being a combination of what's on the car and what equipment, parts, accesories that are carried. Cleanest is a very nice car, good paint and good looking, can be really built or slightly modified. I wouldn't do a best stock, if a stock rig is the best looking then they'll get the award. Most Thrashed is what we've done in the past, could be a Rick Norman memorial award but he's never actually received that award, he got the Bonehead award one year (we just know his rig is really really beat up). I like the Peoples Choice award idea.

The Bonehead award isn't part of the show and shine, we'll have to pick that one before dinner Fri. Furthest traveled is good, we've done that before. Furthest that actually drove an XJ/MJ is good idea. If this sounds good to you, then plan on getting plaques for these awards, except Bonehead, we'll have to make one for that. I'll see what I can come up with.

Richard. In the BOD post about the Show and Shine I said I would take it over and handle it with the single condition that it was left to me.

Never heard anyone voice their opinion that this was a bad idea. You stated that you needed help. I stepped up and offered you any assistance I could give.

Let me handle this. You have expressed to everyone that you have too much going on right now. That is understandable. Trophies, Show and Shine, awards....I can get it covered.

Already working on the Bonehead award.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1103944

Actually, you said you were 90% sure you'd take it on, would confirm by the end of the week, and you wanted to handle everything local. :)

I'm fine with you handling it as long as I know what you are taking care of so I know what's being handled. We are in this together. Bonehead, furthest traveled, etc. awards aren't part of the show and shine awards but it's a good thing if you get those awards along with the others. Nice to get the chapter involved in building the bonehead award, should be fun.

Back