• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

short wife syndrome( i know i'm not the only one)

what about getting the kodiak side winder steps. that come down when you open the door.. and tuck them up inside under the rock rails... a little pricey probably but would be pretty cool.

keith h

I married a 5' 3" gymnist........and my kids have learned to climb up a 33" tire.

The guy I bought my rig from had smitty step nerfs on and they make it harder for me to get in and I'm 6'1" and because they stick too far out from the side of the jeep and my wife (5'8") has complained about the same thing. Besides one of them was bent up into my rocker really bad when I got it because its so weak it didn't protect anything when an axle shaft broke and the rig came down on a big rock. So don't get them.

I'm 5'2" and have no problem getting in mine, at 4.5-5" and 33's. Driving is way easier getting in since you can gran the steering wheel. I doubt she'll have problems if she's driving all the time. The other side can be little more difficult but that what the grab handle's for. Rock rails may help, don't use mine as a step but could I guess.

Chancer said:
http://kevinsoffroad.com/ do extended rock rails too. He's a one man band, so could probably make you up a one-off for your needs.

i looked at the link, priliminary thoughts on my part are that it looks like it would be good enough for her to step on. anyone have comments on these sliders??

I also looked at AJ's super rails and they look identical to kevins. anybody running AJ's super rails?

Last edited:
My wife is 5" too. I have a 4.5 in with 33 and she has a TJ with 3 in with . 33's she is able to get in to both of them just fine. except when she is in a dress.

hey holyfeild,
i posted earlier (first page.) i got a set of ajs 1/8 in superrails on my 2000 xj and love them bought them for my GF and she likes them too. please note however that aj has cut back production to take care of some issues, he did post the other day on another thread that he is still doing stuff so have a holler at him and see what he says. Good Luck
CPl Maier

Grifter144 said:
hey holyfeild,
i posted earlier (first page.) i got a set of ajs 1/8 in superrails on my 2000 xj and love them bought them for my GF and she likes them too. please note however that aj has cut back production to take care of some issues, he did post the other day on another thread that he is still doing stuff so have a holler at him and see what he says. Good Luck
CPl Maier

thanx for the info :)

my 5 year old can get in and out of my jeep with 5.5 in of lift and 33 in swampers , but it is fun to watch :laugh3:

holyfield1799 said:
alright, heres my issue. My significant other is 5' tall. XJ is going 4'5 with 32's on it. And its going to be our daily driver( mostly hers as i have a company vehicle). now i was doing some research in past posts for rock rails that double as steps and i'm not feeling confident in the least bit of a solution to this :dunno: . i can't fabricate anything so aftermarket is the way for me. any suggestions?

I have RE4.5" and 32"s. Go get AJ's SuperRail.
web_P4050028.JPG

web_P4050029.JPG

web_P4050030.JPG

i've gotta say, those look pretty damn good! thanx for the pix! :worship:
oh and norstar? do you have any more pix of your jeep? and how much b.s. on your rims? thanks again! Really sweet looking

Last edited:
You guys don't know what fun is until you try to help your 8 month pregnant wife up into a rig with 33's and 8" lift...

And she'll NEVER let you forget it either...

That was 4 years ago...

I had a GF that was 5'2" gymnast and dancer That didnt mind it untill she had a couple of drinks into her, then she would ask me to help her by giving her a hand (no Problem) I also have 8.5 inches and 35s

XJEEPER said:
giddeyup......

:roflmao: That's for sure, those should work though. :)

I have AJ's super rails on my 89 with 3.5 and 33'. My wife is 4'10" and she is undecided on them, but she thinks it's because she tends to step onto them with her left foot, then right, the set the left inside. I told her they would work better if she did it right! :laugh3:

i showed the wifey AJ's super rails and of course they don't look like the poser side steps she sees on suburbans and other soccer mom vehicles. so she started complaining about the lack of any anti-slip surfaces. Had to explain to her that there will be no "poserization" of this jeep :lecture: and that we have to " Keep it real!!" as my hero dave chapelle would say :firedevil

I say...NO MERCY!!! 5" of lift, 33's and a rock...still made her climb her way! She is around 5'1. Seriously..Im right there with ya man. Im looking at AJs right now. Seem to be the best mix of trail protection and girlfriend helper. She has been haggling me about it long enough... :)

648974_68_full.jpg

648974_69_full.jpg

Still smiling after she made it...so I didnt get in trouble that time. Not something she likes doing often tho...

Justin

Back