• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seth's Jeep

Troy/Led - see you out there around 1pm...

does the rig need seats I have a set of seats from a 99 that have holes in the back from lcd screens other then that they are good seats,

Frank Z said:
So tomorrow is crunch time folks, the last chance to get off yer buns and help out if you're so inclined. We've got a lot to do and could use some more help. I'll even take your picture and make ya a NAXJA Super Star in this very thread!

So what's left to do.....hmmmmm.
Drain the Transfer case and refill
Install the passenger side LCA
U-Bolts and Shims on the rear axle
Drain the old coolant and re-fill with new coolant.
Still need to check out the rear brake lights
Top-off the brake fluid and bleed the brakes
Weld up the flag pole mount
De-grease the motor
Troubleshoot the off-road lights
Install the sawaybar....if we can get some longer links.
It's not that hard, but don't forget the power steering fluid needs to get topped off after the box swap.

Wish I could help again today but as I said last night I've got a handful of my own things to take care of before tomorrow. That and I forgot to throw my Jeep work clothes in today when I left home...
Goodluck. That's quite a list for one day.

I’d like to take a moment to thank each and every person that helped with this project, whether you turned a wrench, contributed parts, or dropped by to offer encouragement. Thanks to all of you that have followed this thread and posted your comments. I wish that everyone of you that couldn’t be apart of this in person take some pride in being part of a community that cares enough to undertake such an endeavour. A special thanks goes out to Anna Stanton for allowing us to do this for her, her children, and her entire family.

It’s been a long road to get from there to here, but I gotta tell ya folks….It’s been a lot of fun. Here’s the final list of what we accomplished from front to rear. If I left anything out…sorry

Replaced the track bar with a new JKS trac-bar
Replaced the power steering gear box
Replaced the power steering pump
Replaced the pressure side hose for the power steering
Replaced all ball joints
Replaced front axle u-joints
Replaced the plug wires
Replaced the distributor cap
Replaced the rotor
Replaced the spark plug
Replaced the plug wires
Replaced the battery
Replaced the oil filter
Replaced the passenger side lower control arm bushing
Replaced the transmission filter
Replaced transfer case output seal
Replaced rear axle

Removed seats, console, and carpet.
Neutralized rust and rattle canned as needed.
Re-installed seats and console.

Drained oil and replaced with Royal Purple
Drained tranny and refilled with DexIII
Drained transfer case and refilled with DexIII
Drained Axles and refilled

More than anything else… we put a little bit of ourselves into Seth’s rig. A little blood, a little sweat, and even a few tears. We did it for Seth’s family, and we did it for ourselves. We all gave a little, because Seth gave all.

I'll add to the list:

- 6 degree shims and new spring pack center pins installed.
- Replaced rotted exhaust and hollowed out cat with a used exhaust system, fabbed the hangers.
- Installed removeable flag pole to the exo-cage (Per Anna's request)
- Bled the brake system.
- Installed new u-bolts for the rear axle.
- Replaced busted right front turn signal lens/housing.
- Non-functioning vacuum disconnect unit discarded, cover plate fabbed, solid setup installed.
- Stripped/wallowed out front leaf spring mount repaired.
- Longer stock rear drive shaft installed for better travel.

Mother nature wasn't our friend during this build. That dadgum torrent of rain this afternoon lasted 1 1/2 hrs and flooded the hangar. Seth's rig had to be moved to Led's garage in order to finish everything.

I'm proud of all of those members that helped out with the effort. Seth's rig REALLY need some serious attention.

Another BIG:clap: and a :cheers: go out from me to everyone that did there part . I wish I could've helped out and been on the run with you guy's but money didnt permit it this time so once again NICE WORK..............

I don't know if we still have access to Seth's jeep, and I know we are probably a little weary of working on it, but

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=103809

That welded 29 spline 8.25 would be a sight better than the D35 under there now! (where the hell was this guy last week!)

Chris

We know Adam. He's on the CO list. Sold his built stroker a while ago. Just bought another XJ. He just wants a stock axle to start with.

Fred

Watching this project un-fold, reading the parts list, remembering that I got in line behind it for the funeral procession and drove down the highway at speed...Pretty scary shiat there fellas!

It looks like there's going to be a few more Stantons into wheelin, lets hope they stay in touch.

That's great! I know they are in good hands with the Springs' crew.

My buddy Terry said he has an 8.25 he'd give for free if you guys want it for Seth's rig. 3:55's, but not sure what spline count.

Lemme know - I'm probably going back out to the 'Springs on Friday to snatch a rolled '93. I could bring it then.

if anything else needs to be done, i'd be happy to donate whatever i can.

I have an 8.25 in my garage that a guy might come and get this weekend if not it's yours. It's a 29 spline and 99.9% sure it's 3:55 gearing, or so the guy said that I picked it up from. I got it for the spare shafts when I went to moab, but I'd like to see it in action. the shock mounts are cut off but i have some weld on tabs for the shocks. I'm waiting to hear back from that other guy and I'll let you all know whats going on with it.

With 36 Irocks we really need to look at some bigger axle options, also need to find a SYE for it. 30 spline 60 rears are a dime a dozen in 4.10. need to keep an eye out for a 3/4 ton ford front w/ matching gears. I'll do the fab if someone can find some real axles

Fred said:
We know Adam. He's on the CO list. Sold his built stroker a while ago. Just bought another XJ. He just wants a stock axle to start with.

Fred

Funny, I know Adam too -- I'm drving his old rig! He just PM'd me on Colorado4x4 looking to find an 8.25 to replace this one...

xj-grin said:
Funny, I know Adam too -- I'm drving his old rig! He just PM'd me on Colorado4x4 looking to find an 8.25 to replace this one...

So, how is it holding up? Stroker historys are always interesting. Not referring to the owner, of course. :)

Fred

Back