• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SEC Rig Directory

Re: Picture Request...EVERYBODY!!!!

OK here's mine (pics taken a few mins ago):

DSCN1541.jpg

DSCN1543.jpg

DSCN1540.jpg

DSCN1539.jpg

BTW, can anyone tell me definitively, what rear axle I have? :eyes:

Dave41079 said:
Looks to be a Chrsyler 8.25 and if so, would be a 29 spline variant. Closer pics would help.

OK cool, thanks! That's what I thought it was, but wasn't entirely sure.

jekyllrider said:
DSC04651.jpg

DSC04654.jpg

100_2743.jpg

My 99 4.0 :)

Nice! Looks very similar to mine! I'm digging those clear front turn signals btw...where'd you get them? I've been wanting to do that to mine for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL I was thinking the same thing! They must have been separated at birth...

I got the clear lenses on ebay, only paid around $20 for them. They fit great no problems. It was actually cheaper than getting factory replacements. I put amber color lenses in so they look right when they are turned on.

Also got the rear lights on ebay, paid about $60 for them. The rear ones did require some modification, they bolt right on but I had to shave down the openings for the turn signal bulb on each side. The slot where you twist the harness into was just a little small. A quick hit with the dremel took care of that.

Changed out the headlights too. They are a conversion kit so it uses H4 bulbs.

Thats all the stuff I did while I was waiting for my stock tires to wear out so I could justify the 31's and the lift.

By the way I like your too, looks sweet with the rack. I want one..

jekyllrider said:
LOL I was thinking the same thing! They must have been separated at birth...

I got the clear lenses on ebay, only paid around $20 for them. They fit great no problems. It was actually cheaper than getting factory replacements. I put amber color lenses in so they look right when they are turned on.

Also got the rear lights on ebay, paid about $60 for them. The rear ones did require some modification, they bolt right on but I had to shave down the openings for the turn signal bulb on each side. The slot where you twist the harness into was just a little small. A quick hit with the dremel took care of that.

Changed out the headlights too. They are a conversion kit so it uses H4 bulbs.

Thats all the stuff I did while I was waiting for my stock tires to wear out so I could justify the 31's and the lift.

By the way I like your too, looks sweet with the rack. I want one..

I love how you were waiting for your stock tires to wear out so you could justify the 31s and the lift--that's exactly what I did! I must've waited 2-3 years for my stock tires to wear out to the point where I needed new tires, then since I wanted bigger tires, I was like, well, I gotta get a lift! Haha.

Are your amber lights just regular ones or are they LED?

NCjeepgirl83 said:
OK cool, thanks! That's what I thought it was, but wasn't entirely sure.

After me and Tim have both told you a number of times... wow:looser:

NCjeepgirl83 said:
I love how you were waiting for your stock tires to wear out so you could justify the 31s and the lift--that's exactly what I did! I must've waited 2-3 years for my stock tires to wear out to the point where I needed new tires, then since I wanted bigger tires, I was like, well, I gotta get a lift! Haha.

Are your amber lights just regular ones or are they LED?

Yeah, they never did fully wear out but I got tired of waiting, so I rationalized that the shocks were worn out and while I was replacing them.....

Working on it was fun and addicting, I have a feeling Im on a downward spiral which will have me eating ramon noodles and tuna out of a can-but Ill have a nice jeep:D .

I just replaced the standard bulbs with identical amber colored ones, can you get LED replacements? That would look sweet!

jekyllrider said:
Working on it was fun and addicting, I have a feeling Im on a downward spiral which will have me eating ramon noodles and tuna out of a can-but Ill have a nice jeep:D .

Was? What's this was? It's never over.....always something to be done on the Jeep. And when the rare occasion comes that you are caught up on your projects, then your friends who also have XJ's....or even Jeeps in general....ask for your help in their projects.

I say this as I sit in my apartment, poor, and eating ramon noodles....LOL

You mean theyre never finished??? Score!:cheers:
UNCC_99XJ said:
Was? What's this was? It's never over.....always something to be done on the Jeep. And when the rare occasion comes that you are caught up on your projects, then your friends who also have XJ's....or even Jeeps in general....ask for your help in their projects.

I say this as I sit in my apartment, poor, and eating ramon noodles....LOL

XJ_Otto said:
Just picked it up Wednesday in Nashville. Im in the 'Boro.

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

I looked at that XJ last week. How much did you end up paying. It is in nice shape, but the check engine light was on and the ac had a leak, so I passed.

The AC leak is minimal, I saw it also. Not bad enough to worry me...and the CEL is a rear O2 sensor...What was he asking when you looked?

Back