• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys longarm

Luggz

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have one of these???I have been having a problem with it clunnking on the joints and have called them a number of times to have them tell me it's adjusted wrong..Alignment is good and the length on the arms are all the same...What gives???

I have them, make sure your UCA bushings are pressed into the axle mounts all the way, one of mine slid out of position and I got the clunking.

if I remember right, they use an Acme (square) thread without a jam-nut and use the twisting of the threads to help articulate. this is a bad design prone to wear resulting in clunking. more Rusty's junk. when you decide to replace it, I would look at the TnT system.

the arms ar solid, the joints are junk. the only thing you can do is grease the hell out of em until you upgrade.

The noise is most probably from the factory bushing. The factory bushings, while easy to get and cheep to replace do not live long under the kind of flex you get from a radius arm setup. I have never had any noise or slop from the jackscrew design of the arms. They do allow for rotation of the radius long arm under flex which is big benefit, the down side is the factory bushings at the axle have a life span measured in months.
As for the opinion that it's more rusty's junk well, we all know what opinions are like and what they smell like......:flame:
Go design another 100.00 dollar part that looks like crap and can be done by anyone with a schematic and a voltmeter.

[QUOôO=D`ffyøJ]
As for the ~zinhon äoat it'ã)more r”{ty&s j¤ck well, we all know what opinions are like and what they smell likd...þ/.:flamä;
Go desifn aþjthdr 1p;.00 do<oar pard/th`t l~iks like crap and can be done by anyone with a schematic and a voltmeter.[/QUOTåW

èm because you contrhbutd&so mucX to theÐearketplace with all of your xj products right? Being a recent electronxks school graduñ}e H un”arstandpi lhttlä/bit ofpqhat cr1u and I seriously doubt that if I handed you a fluke meter you could whøw md ouô-a paddlo shifter fnr mh!aw4.

xXJx said:
Ya because you contribute so much to the marketplace with all of your xj products right? Being a recent electronics school graduate I understand a little bit of that crap and I seriously doubt that if I handed you a fluke meter you could whip me out a paddle shifter for my aw4.

Being a program manager, an electronics engineer, and certified logistician for the department of the Navy, you could hand me a schematic, FSM, or napkin and a fluke 8060, Fluke 105 O'scope or a tectronics 2247 O'scope and I''ll tell you how to read the CCD bus on the ODBII Chrysler system, much less tell you how to engage two solenoids on the AW-4. And I say two because engaging the clutch solenoid is counter intuitive to getting lower torque from the automatic.
Now a design that included a DSP to talk to the ECU on the 97+ units to preclude the ECu from setting a flag.. That I would applaud.

Might be time to go back to school....

Derik

DaffyXJ said:
Being a program manager, an electronics engineer, and certified logistician for the department of the Navy, you could hand me a schematic, FSM, or napkin and a fluke 8060, Fluke 105 O'scope or a tectronics 2247 O'scope and I''ll tell you how to read the CCD bus on the ODBII Chrysler system, much less tell you how to engage two solenoids on the AW-4. And I say two because engaging the clutch solenoid is counter intuitive to getting lower torque from the automatic.
Now a design that included a DSP to talk to the ECU on the 97+ units to preclude the ECu from setting a flag.. That I would applaud.

Derik

ZZZZZIIINNGG!! Derik wins round 1!

DaffyXJ said:

Derik

You should have bet him a membership.....He loses so he should pay up.

DaffyXJ said:

Derik

Well since I'm still in school and will be for the next 14 months, in addition to my previous 13.... I might have a slight idea of what it means to know a little about tritac electronics seeing how I'm on the mans...I mean the marine corps side of things. I'm a technical controller for I MEF Camp Pendleton. HewlitPackard makes the best oscillascope, and for a real electronics headache try running a tsq-227 (DTC) van.

Your probably getting into a pissing contest with the wrong guy.

Kudos for knowing a thing or two but it doesn't give you the right to bad mouth somones product, unless yours is better. So ill paypal you 100 bones and ill expect that aw4 paddle shifter on my desk by the end of the week, that address is building 1666 mccess 29 palms ca 92278.

Whats so bad about rustys kits, was considering on one. Not going hard core with this xj, just mild trails and mud runs.

jeeperz said:
Whats so bad about rustys kits, was considering on one. Not going hard core with this xj, just mild trails and mud runs.

A history of less then quality parts, that like to break. Almost non-existant customer service. Horrendous shipping charges. And a greater number of people that will recommend other products before standing behind his.

91 Jeep Project said:
Rustys sucks, what, wanna fight about it?

Lol...it wasn't about rustys this time, he was bad mouthing brettms shifters for no reason so I merely tried to defend brett in his absense.

Its okay too much time on a ship in the navy would make anyone cranky....or join the village people.

I run RE sring packs under my cj, like em alot. On the xj, i just want to run 31's under it, figure 3" or 4.5" lift should be fine.

jeeperz said:
I run RE sring packs under my cj, like em alot. On the xj, i just want to run 31's under it, figure 3" or 4.5" lift should be fine.

Get the full 3.5" Superflex, plenty of room for 31s.

JeepForSale4.jpg

Back