• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rugged ridge steering??

J-Roc said:
Regardless, it HAS to have a part number, it's gotta come from SOME vehicle, I highly doubt that the chinese would make a custom part for this cheap steering setup, seeing how it would outweigh the cost by a long shot. I am going to look through the MOOG and TRW books at work tonight and see what I can find.

What's most common with those kinda parts, is that some company made them for the OE...and then when jeep or whoever stopped supplying the part a company like RR takes over the contract on it...so the OE manufacturer is still making it.

So in other words the part does exist somewhere in the automotive world, most likely a truck application from the looks of it im assuming as well.:cheers:

Yes and No,the tre that JCR uses is from a Chevy.But the hole in that TRE was drilled straight for a steering dampner,so they are doing the taper.One of the reasons I believe the RR set-up rolls so much is because of the dog-leg,the Chevy TRE is straight!

So here they are...I think.

I will be listing these on the website here at work momentarily. At least people can get backorders in, or buy them to DIY!

18043.10 Heavy Duty Tie Rod End 7/8”, Left Hand Thread
18043.26 Heavy Duty Tie Rod End 7/8” Right Hand Thread
18043.27 Heavy Duty Tie Rod End With Drag Link Connection, 7/8” Left Hand Thread

EDIT ** Actually after looking into it more, it says that 18043.27 is for use with 18050.83, which is the CJ7/CJ8 Tie Rod. Not sure if it's the same for the 18050.82 or not, i wil try to find out though. Side note, plenty of those in stock!

Last edited:
Something just came to me and hit me on the head!

What if this chinese crap is modified "stock" equipment?

specifically part #
18043.27 Heavy Duty Tie Rod End With Drag Link Connection, 7/8” Left Hand Thread

I mean, what if it is a cut down and retapped center link? That would explain WHY it has a "dog leg" bend in it...just a thought, who cares to feed the fire?

but JCR does not have the "bend" in the chevy TRE obviously, you're right saying for clearance BUT I am definitely starting to think that part is a chopped center link from some vehicle...

I'm not finding anything close to a part that looks like that other then my idea.

Partial Match!!!

DS1041
'85 Ranger 4x4 front end!!

'85 Bronco 4x4
DS1018T

these are all really long but you could easily fab up a short TRE!

'85 E150
DS826
-how about the entire drag link?! I need to get some measurements for this bad boy! Looks like it might be adjustable as well

I'm starting to think you could use the Ranger draglink and stock adjusting sleeve with standard heep tie rods.... someone else jump on this burning wagon with me and confirm my rambling!

Last edited:
just tried to order from your site and it would not show online cart.....is this phone order only?
Every time I hit the buy now button it would just reload the page.....:doh:

outlander said:
just tried to order from your site and it would not show online cart.....is this phone order only?
Every time I hit the buy now button it would just reload the page.....:doh:

To keep the thread clean, I will PM you.

FYI, the parts arrived for these today, and they're starting to restock them now (assemble and box the kits). They should start shipping very soon.

Sweet.. just ordered as well

Thats the price they had before they ran out..cool they don't jack up the price

got mine from CSEoffroad - been on 4 months and two trailrides and no problems - i woild like to replance the tre at the pitman arm with a heim cuz mis i slightly cocked - other than that all good

Hey Guys,
I just got the steering today and I have a small ? Did all of yall need to have the spacers? Also, does the tie rod that goes on the passeger side need two nuts (mine is missing two nuts)?

Back