• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country

I have a 97 xj with a 4.5 inch series2, fullpack lift. It is rough, but it flexs well. I do have a problem when the front tires fully droop and come back up sometimes the springs get caught on my bump stop tower.(not sure if that is what it is called.) Why does this Happen? Also why does RC state that with this kit 32inch tires will not rub, I have 31/10.5.15 and the rubb when flexed. Thanks for any help!

libtech said:
I have a 97 xj with a 4.5 inch series2, fullpack lift. It is rough, but it flexs well. I do have a problem when the front tires fully droop and come back up sometimes the springs get caught on my bump stop tower.(not sure if that is what it is called.) Why does this Happen? Also why does RC state that with this kit 32inch tires will not rub, I have 31/10.5.15 and the rubb when flexed. Thanks for any help!

Are you kidding? Are you thinking that nothing touches when flexed?

libtech said:
so what rc means is no rubbing when driven on the street!

Thats what all lift kits mean when they state "Can fit up to 32" tires"

Now that you mention it my 4.5" did that LOTS off-road, the spring was always rubbing the bumpstop because of the tight radius of flex.

GRIMUS99XJ said:
One thing I have learned is there alot of "HATERS" in this industry that have never use a certain brand but just want to " bash on the band wagon " .
Well as Ive posted many times....I bought my 2000 brand new and it road like a dream. 3 months and a 1000 miles later I purchased a RC 3" kit.The ride was harsh and it didnt flex well at all.The 8000 shocks(which came with the kit) sucked(way to soft).I purchased 9000 shocks and ran them 1 day(they were like concrete)! 3 months after the install the springs had already sagged over an inch! Now Ive been at 6" for 6 years now on mostly RE components and it still rides better than stock and Ive never had ANY type of problem,zero maintenece except greasing! Ive only got 34000 miles on it to date,but they are mostly hard-core wheeling miles!
I think that Im perfectly qualified to call RC crap!

Last edited:
I got a piece of crap RE 5.5 lift in my garage right now, we are going to take it to the meet out here in the desert to throw it at them at the next run, they will not give this kid a new shock because he didn't get back to them in time, freaking three weeks after he got the crap, so i'll stick with people that like to HELP if there is some thing wrong with there lifts,,.IF i wanted to RIDE soft i would buy a street ride, like a new truck

scottmcneal said:
I got a piece of crap RE 5.5 lift in my garage right now, we are going to take it to the meet out here in the desert to throw it at them at the next run, they will not give this kid a new shock because he didn't get back to them in time, freaking three weeks after he got the crap, so i'll stick with people that like to HELP if there is some thing wrong with there lifts,,.IF i wanted to RIDE soft i would buy a street ride, like a new truck
Yeah,but you think the kit caused DW(what a moron)!!
I always get great customer service since I dont buy directly from RE,Dirk's the "Man".

scottmcneal said:

So your not going to install the kit.... it's a "piece of crap"..... and your going to "throw it at them".... just because of a bad shock? WTF?

the kit belongs to the kid down the street, his dad is talking to RE, he wants to send it back, now the kid has stock back on till his dad gets this fixed

RCP Phx said:
Well as Ive posted many times....I bought my 2000 brand new and it road like a dream. 3 months and a 1000 miles later I purchased a RC 3" kit.The ride was harsh and it didnt flex well at all.The 8000 shocks(which came with the kit) sucked(way to soft).I purchased 9000 shocks and ran them 1 day(they were like concrete)! 3 months after the install the springs had already sagged over an inch! Now Ive been at 6" for 6 years now on mostly RE components and it still rides better than stock and Ive never had ANY type of problem,zero maintenece except greasing! Ive only got 34000 miles on it to date,but they are mostly hard-core wheeling miles!
I think that Im perfectly qualified to call RC crap!

So you are saying that it has been at least six years since you ran a r/c product and you are dead set on saying it is crap when it would be understandable to say" It was crap when i ran it but it has been some time since than so I dont know " do you not think companys can grow, learn and improve there products over time or do you think we sell crap know we sell crap and dont care

Back