• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country

Still to early to tell for me , I found a RC 4.5 lift at Pick-N-pull , The Coils had been replaced with some Rubicon Express units and all the shocks were replaced with with Rancho shocks . For $200 Bucks I can't complain . I havent had a chance to try it out yet but it does look cool . If I could I would post Pictures , Rich

Just a note I have the orginal 4.5 lift Cois From RC if any one needs coils . They were in the back of the Jeep at PNP . Looks like the XJ had a date with a river .

Last edited:
I ordered my XJ 6.5 lift thursday and recieved them this monday. Talked to jason first and ordered from him. He is awesome, got the discount and added the CV drive shaft and extended brake lines. I am impressed with all of the service so far and I know they will stand behind their products. I wont install for a little while, but Since I am swapping the rear axle I have 7" spring perches that should help from sring wrap. Also Have all my gears to put in and tires now so install and everything should be in two or so weeks Ill try to post up some pics. THnaks RC

I ordered my XJ 6.5 lift thursday and recieved them this monday. Talked to jason first and ordered from him. He is awesome, got the discount and added the CV drive shaft and extended brake lines. I am impressed with all of the service so far and I know they will stand behind their products. I wont install for a little while, but Since I am swapping the rear axle I have 7" spring perches that should help from sring wrap. Also Have all my gears to put in and tires now so install and everything should be in two or so weeks Ill try to post up some pics. THanks RC

I ordered my XJ 6.5 lift thursday and recieved them this monday. Talked to jason first and ordered from him. He is awesome, got the discount and added the CV drive shaft and extended brake lines. I am impressed with all of the service so far and I know they will stand behind their products. I wont install for a little while, but Since I am swapping the rear axle I have 7" spring perches that should help from sring wrap. Also Have all my gears to put in and tires now so install and everything should be in two or so weeks Ill try to post up some pics. THanks RC

I RAN A RC LIFT FOR 3 YEARS IT WAS THE 6" W SHORT ARMS AND FULL PACKS. THE SPRINGS IN FRONT WERE A LITTLE STIFF AND I BROKE A LEAF. OTHER THAN THAT I SOLD THE KIT IT IS STILL GOING ON A FRIENDS JEEP AND NOTHING HAS BROKE

tiremike said:
I RAN A RC LIFT FOR 3 YEARS IT WAS THE 6" W SHORT ARMS AND FULL PACKS. THE SPRINGS IN FRONT WERE A LITTLE STIFF AND I BROKE A LEAF. OTHER THAN THAT I SOLD THE KIT IT IS STILL GOING ON A FRIENDS JEEP AND NOTHING HAS BROKE
The Caps Lock button is located on the far left side of your keyboard.

Well fella's, I just got done reading 30 pages of stuff...lol Right now I've got a 3" Rusty's on, and I don't guess I have many complaints about it. The biggest is that it's not big enough....:gee: LMAO I have been doing much reading and have been tore on wether to go with the RC 6.5, or the RE 5.5 lift and 33's. I was gonna go with the RE, but was finding it hard to suck it up and spend 600 more on a lift, but had decided to go that route. I've heard bad things about the RC stuff, but I've got to say that Grimus has swayed my opinion. Even if the lift rides a little rougher (which can be fixed with the CA drop brackets and new shocks it looks), or have issues with quality (mostly with the aal), with customer service like that, it looks like it will be made right quick. That means ALOT to me. I am on a budget, so looks like I've made up my mind. I am in the process of saving up right now, but looks like I will deffinitely be giving you a call in a couple of months to order the new 6.5! Man I can't wait.:clap:

chrisja77 said:
Well fella's, I just got done reading 30 pages of stuff...lol Right now I've got a 3" Rusty's on, and I don't guess I have many complaints about it. The biggest is that it's not big enough....:gee: LMAO I have been doing much reading and have been tore on wether to go with the RC 6.5, or the RE 5.5 lift and 33's. I was gonna go with the RE, but was finding it hard to suck it up and spend 600 more on a lift, but had decided to go that route. I've heard bad things about the RC stuff, but I've got to say that Grimus has swayed my opinion. Even if the lift rides a little rougher (which can be fixed with the CA drop brackets and new shocks it looks), or have issues with quality (mostly with the aal), with customer service like that, it looks like it will be made right quick. That means ALOT to me. I am on a budget, so looks like I've made up my mind. I am in the process of saving up right now, but looks like I will deffinitely be giving you a call in a couple of months to order the new 6.5! Man I can't wait.:clap:

Sounds good glad I can help you in your decision making

whoa .. that was 4.5 hours of my life I will never get back, But I am sure glad I did read each and every word of this thread,
I am new to posting on NAXJ but have lurked off and on for years ... I am on my 3rd XJ now (95 sport) (first 90 ltd was stolen in 2002, second 91 Lar I sold when I needed a PU truck in 2004)

I Ordered a 3" full pack on Monday the 19th ... Tuesday I had UPS tracking number ..evidently I wont see it untill the 2nd but thats UPS, I dont have a clue Who I talked to at RC but the dude was extremly helpfull.

I was Swayed to RC by a guy that got his lift a few months ago that I talk to every so often (his kid goes to the same pre-school as mine) and after reading this thread I am glad I went with RC ... If the system is half as good as the service I have seen on this thread I think I will be happy with it.

Cheers to you RC staff
Mike Cartwright
Prince George BC Canada

I'm using the RC 4.5" lift on my 2k xj and yes the shocks and track bar drop bracket went in the trash early on,within the first few months, and the control arm bushings need to be changed at least ever year if not sooner, I also tried the RC adjustable control arms which I sent back because they were terrible, I replaced them with RE superflex models which in hindsight makes my ask myself how much of a bargin was it if I have to keep replacing parts or out right buying the same parts from other companies for quality reasons.The kit did not come with front swaybar disconnects either which of course you'll need if you are going wheel it ever. On a good note I did not have any compliants with the AAL (no sagging) or the front coils for that matter. I recently did go with the 4" RC leaf packs and a 2" front spacer left over from the old BB to get it up to 6.5" but they are to new to tell if they will give me any problems, the jeep has hardly been out of the driveway let alone trail tested yet. I will have to say that RC does have good customer service and for the price $495 for 4.5" lift ,I mean come on, how much can you complain really. It's a very "entry level" kit to get you in the game. If you a want top of the line race/comp quality lift you'll need to spend at least $2000-5000 for complete system but this kit will get you "in the woods" at least you can go from there.

its been a while since i last read this but does anyone know if they are willing to sell you just the front end part of the lift? if so its a decent amount cheaper right? i was hoping to buy the 3 in front end and just build my own lift leaf pack and add a shackle.

yeah, contact Jason (GRIMUS99XJ) and he will sell you individual parts from a kit. I have put together various items out of their kits.

Thanks GRIMUS for all of your help and quick shipping. This wouldn't have been possible without your OUTSTANDING customer service!

2008_05240003-1.jpg

For the canadian guys you can get rc from lowriders.ca and save the duty/brokerage fees, usually overnight if he's got it. My rc drop brackets went from a thought on thursday at 3pm to in my hands 10am the next morning. Just gotta beat him up a little on the pricing.

Ive been looking at putting a 3.5" OME setup on my jeep for a while, after reading this Im looking close at RC now. :)

I love companys that have good customer service, thats a major selling point for me.

Got my 4.5 lift x series lift and drop brackets from lowriders.ca a couple of weeks ago. Had to wait a week or so for the lift but brackets where next day.

I got the 4.5" lift with AAL. I like it with the exception of the AAL. I knew to get a full leaf pack at the time, but I couldn't afford it.

I called Rough Country the other day. They have the leaf packs, so after I collect enough aluminum cans I'll get them!

As far as riding ruff, I just have two words "bouncing boobies"!

But I'm trying hard to loose weight and put and end to that. :shocked:

Back