• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country

AAL will never ride good regardless of whos shocks. You are taking a darn near flat spring and re arching it with only one leaf. I will always reccomend full packs but if not in budget then the long AAL is much better then the short one, also the longer ones will hold up longer then shorter but niether one can compete with full packs longevity(sp) and comfort.

What about adding to long AALs to a pack.

xjjeepthing said:

look at the post above you from the RC rep, even with that i would still recommend going with shackles (if you already have aftermarket packs) or new packs all together.

-Kyle

xjjeepthing said:

What kyle said. I have the long AAL and like i said, it's rough. When loaded down it's decent. When empty, it's like i only get 1" of compression. it works though.

Hey Jason.. So, how much can I get the full packs for then along with the add-a leaf (long)... I want to get lift, but I don't want a really crappy ride either. So the full packs are basically the stock jeep leaf units right?

I had a problem with one side of my RC full packs sagging after 5000 miles I pmd Jason (GRIMUS99XJ) and he had a set of new packs on the way. RC has showed me awsome service once again! :thumbup:

LAcherokee said:
Hey Jason.. So, how much can I get the full packs for then along with the add-a leaf (long)... I want to get lift, but I don't want a really crappy ride either. So the full packs are basically the stock jeep leaf units right?

You dont need AAL and full springs only one or the other and I say full springs

never had any problem with my 4.5 when it was a 4.5 lift when i added the 6.5 coils the xjs ride was diffrent come to find out i broke a leaf spring ,not a big deal and u guys make good stuff, and ive told others to buy ur full kits for the price u cant beat it but im upgrading to rustys longarms come spring

GRIMUS99XJ said:
You dont need AAL and full springs only one or the other and I say full springs

So if I get full springs.. (does this mean brand new full set of leafs, or a conversion to coils in the back? If this means leafs.. I take it they already come with additional leafs to give it the additional 3 inches? or is the 3 inches based on the angle or additional hinge they are attached to?

Sorry if the questions sound dumb guys.. I'm not to knowledgeable on this.

Thanks,

Al

LAcherokee said:
So if I get full springs.. (does this mean brand new full set of leafs, or a conversion to coils in the back? If this means leafs.. I take it they already come with additional leafs to give it the additional 3 inches? or is the 3 inches based on the angle or additional hinge they are attached to?

Sorry if the questions sound dumb guys.. I'm not to knowledgeable on this.

Thanks,

Al

It means 2 whole new complete leaf springs that are arched for the 3"

GRIMUS99XJ said:
It means 2 whole new complete leaf springs that are arched for the 3"

ok great.. I just looked at my jeep and currently it has 3 (stock I presume) So you think I should buy new ones.. will they come with 5? or 3 and then I must get 2 additional. Jason, do you want to PM price for the complete set of 5?

Thanks

I really don't want to have to lock this thread again...

GRIMUS99 - you're doing well, trying to direct people backchannel for product inquiries that aren't tech (price & availability, and such,) and I thank you for it.

Everyone else - if you have a question to ask that is not technical in nature for GRIMUS - please ask him via PM, via telephone, or via direct email.

He's posted his phone number - use it. You all know how to PM (I'm sure,) and his email can probably be found in his profile.

This is a place for technical questions, not for "P&A" questions. I go through this myself, and I'm always pleased that you listen to me when I ask to take it off the boards - please do the same here.

Just got my lift today...looks like everything is here and good...shipping was fast...i ordered friday afternoon and got it today....will be installing this weekend....thanks again jason

-Mike

I just installed my 4.5"x lift from Jason on my '98....

Install went...welll...not so good... I was shipped only the D35 ubolts for the rear, one of the lower arms wouldn't adjust far enough in (poorly threaded), and I was missing a few of the zerk fittings - not a huge deal, I called, and they air shipped the missing pieces...

It's all together now, and I have to say, holy crap this thing is stiff. I've had 3 or 4 Jeeps over the years,and I've always ran Rubicon Express stuff. Sure, you lift a Cherokee, and it's going to be stiff(er) the stock, but this is REALLY stuff. Hopefully it's just the springs breaking in. I did notice the rear shackle bolt is now hitting the mount, guess I need longer shackles?

All in all, I'm very happy with everything though. Good price, GREAT service, all parts look to be of good quality.

Thank you again Jason.

I ordered a few goodies from Rough Country, via GRIMUS99XJ and could not be happier with the Price, or the Great Service Fast shipping, E-mails with tracking #'s.. and quality product. have no fear, Jason will take care of you. ~Ace~

White1998XJ said:

Install went...welll...not so good... I was shipped only the D35 ubolts for the rear, one of the lower arms wouldn't adjust far enough in (poorly threaded), and I was missing a few of the zerk fittings - not a huge deal, I called, and they air shipped the missing pieces...

It's all together now, and I have to say, holy crap this thing is stiff. I've had 3 or 4 Jeeps over the years,and I've always ran Rubicon Express stuff. Sure, you lift a Cherokee, and it's going to be stiff(er) the stock, but this is REALLY stuff. Hopefully it's just the springs breaking in. I did notice the rear shackle bolt is now hitting the mount, guess I need longer shackles?

All in all, I'm very happy with everything though. Good price, GREAT service, all parts look to be of good quality.

yes your springs will break in some and soften up

Thank you again Jason.

White1998XJ said:

Thank you again Jason.

yes your springs will break in some and soften up

White1998XJ said:

Thank you again Jason.

If your shackle bolt is hitting the mount this is definitly going to give you a ruff ride. It will keep your spring from moving up as it should. Longer shackles will help this out and will probably fix alot of the stiffness.

I installed my RC Lift a little over a week ago, and I have to say. When I first took the Jeep down the road, it was stiff. After I drove over a few curbs and flexed out on a few small hills and things, it rides great. I have taken it to work every day since, a 90 mile round trip, and it rides almost as good as it did before, of course it is a 94 and had OEM shocks coils and springs, it was a little bouncy, but I couldn't be happier. Not to slam any other company, but if you want a lift, get a Rough Country, get the full rear spring pack, you will still come out ahead. If you want to spend the money, I won't stop you...if you want to get a Lift, rockrails, and some upgrades for less bones, Call Grimus. Then take the left over money and go buy some lightly used tires.

Back