• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix..renix...why?

An ohmmeter reads resistance by sending a very small electrical current through the circuit. It sounds like this current is heating up the CPS coil and causing an open circuit. My guess is that the CPS is indeed bad. It should be able to hold the resistance reading indefinitely. Check the ohmmeter on something else, to make sure the trouble isn't in the meter.....

The ohmmeter is fine. I also tested it with a fuelpump resistor :laugh3: and MAT. It showed correct numbers. Thanks Runnin'OnEmpty

Also I have a question, where to order CPS, the thing is that Im from EU... And whats the good brand and price?

The longest lasting CPS tends to be from the dealer. As for price, here in Ky, the thing runs about $135 U.S. Not sure about over there. My old one went 17 years and 276,394 miles before finally quitting for good. Got a new from the local auotzone, went maybe 18,000 miles then QUIT. I got a new one from the Jeep dealer and it is still working well.

Hi, this morning I went to the local dealer. He said, that the CPS is in the part list, it costs around 200$ :rattle: . So I went to the other dealer, who said, that they can deliver it in 3 weeks, and it is 100$. But they have CPS for 2.5L engine the price is same, but the manufacter is different, also the number. So my question---is there difference between 4.0 sensor and 2.5 sensor?

kkerem said:
Hi, this morning I went to the local dealer. He said, that the CPS is in the part list, it costs around 200$ :rattle: . So I went to the other dealer, who said, that they can deliver it in 3 weeks, and it is 100$. But they have CPS for 2.5L engine the price is same, but the manufacter is different, also the number. So my question---is there difference between 4.0 sensor and 2.5 sensor?
It's the same thing but Autozone stocks them for 30$

Like I already posted, you get what you pay for. About the only time I buy major parts from these places, is IF I can get the 3 year or longer ( life-time preferred) warranty. And yeah, somtimes the dealer is the best option for parts that last, but honestly, GAWD I HATE PAYING THIER PRICES.

Normally the CPS is all or nothing- when it works the engine has spark and runs, when the CPS is out, there is no spark/no run. This can be an intermitent fault, but it produces a no-run condition. After cleaning the throttle body, and checking the plug wires, spark plugs, cap, and rotor and not finding vacuum leaks, then I would change the TPS. On my 1990 Renix 4.0, both times the TPS went flaky I got high idle. It started as occasional high idle, then got more frequent until I changed the TPS. Since the TPS has to provide a smooth change in output across the throttle position range, it can have bad postions and still read OK at others. The poor running, if still there with a new TPS (properly adjusted to spec), could be the O2 sensor. Mine gets stumbly/slightly jerky when it needs a new O2 sensor.

Back