• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Registration Fees

Killed my phone yesterday on a job site and have limited access.

Saw the email you set it up. Just got an email with payment from Mark?

I just went through the whole process and registered.

I had to put a "0" in for the "Non Member" under the Registration Fees but other than that, it went without a hitch.

Tim, I went ahead and paid through paypal which is fine. That is my real registration.

EDIT: That's just good timing!!!

Last edited:
Mark the prices prolly aren't right so he may have to refund you and let you try again :)

With that where are we on prices?

mac 'close to going live' gyvr

I'll fix the non-member so its not a required field.

Do we want non-member vs member pricing? It was on the registration for last year.

It will be easier to do the t-shirts a la cart than to include it in the registration, that said, I know its possible to add the size included in the registration (we did for winterfest using the same software), I'll just have to figure out the software.

I texted with Tim tonight and he's going to have some time today to chime in on some things.

mac 'formed' gyvr

It's on my list to look over this evening. Along with about 20 other things.

Got my new phone up and running this morning, so i'm back in touch with the world again. It's amazing how dependent we've become on technology....

Bossman escaped for lunch, so I had some time to play around with it just now.

Seems like it works really well! I like it!

Just need to agree on pricing, then we can get it rolling.

Think we could do a conference call to discuss pricing? We'll need to include cost of the Harlan center, catering, clean-up, t-shirt, badge? etc. Yes, it will have to be some swagging, but we ought to be able to come close.

I have a toll free number we could use. Might be a lot easier than a thousand emails.

David Bricker / SYR

If you guys want, leave me out and decide. Dave can be the National rep in the discussion and he'll look out for our needs. I'm still good with splitting the profits from the raffle with national and the chapter and any profits from registration/shirts/stickers etc can be split or go to the chapter, whatever you guys decide. National wants to make this event big and still get you guys the money you need to make to support your chapter through the year.

When you figure prices, I can update as soon as you let me know, as its setup currently, the tshirts are a la cart, if you decide to do one included with the registration, i'll have to figure out how to make it work and it will take just a bit longer.

Also, I can get prices on dash plagues if that's an interest, if not, no biggie.

mac 'check the logo thread, i just uploaded a first draft of one' gyvr

Has the SEC used any MG&E funds yet?

They bought a tent and was under the impression that they were using MG&E funds for that but couldn't find anything to the fact. I just wanted to be sure they weren't fixing to file for reimbursement.

My thought is to use the MG&E funds to help offset either the meal or the room costs.

You are right Mac, I should know that but I'm on a diet and really cranky right now. Cut me some slack...lol.

They bought a tent and was under the impression that they were using MG&E funds for that but couldn't find anything to the fact. I just wanted to be sure they weren't fixing to file for reimbursement.

My thought is to use the MG&E funds to help offset either the meal or the room costs.

You are right Mac, I should know that but I'm on a diet and really cranky right now. Cut me some slack...lol.

I like the thought of the MG&E for some of that.

I'm going wheeling this weekend, lets have some prices so I can get registration up on Monday.

mac 'dieting sucks' gyvr

Anyone who wants to be on the conference call, please PM me your interest and preferred times. I'll get you the call-in number, and we can get this taken care of. I think we can try for 1/2 hour, and do additional calls if needed.

David Bricker / SYR

Prices? T-shirt ala cart? I got the form together and ready for insertion. You wanted it ready to go live by the middle of the month.

:)

mac 'tomorrow is the middle of the month' gyvr

Keep t-shirts optional.

T-shirts - $15 (covers the upcharge for any big boy sizes)
Raffle Tickets - $1 (if we went to $2, it might make it more difficult for people to get them i.e. would almost need to have exact change)
Registration - $35 Red/Blue/Green/whatever - $25 black (What about vendors that donate to the raffle? In the past their registration was taken care of in return for donating to the raffle (i.e. Tyler and Brian). Cost per person? Per Family?)
Saturday Night Meal - $15 (Keep it optional? If not, roll it into the cost of the registration)
SEC Decals - $5. (Your choice of small or big)
Event Decals - $2 (Roll it into the registration cost?)

Just some rough numbers. I've been up since 4am and out of town all day for work, so i'm exhausted and there's no promise my numbers are perfect. If I missed/poorly totaled up something, feel free to change.

My 2 cents are include one meal with the registration. Cost per rig, charge for additional dinners, adults, kids.

T-shirts ala cart/optional.

Vendors that are donating are doing so for their national commitment. So, if you want to do that then I'll leave that decision up to you. You could back channel handle their registration if they bring it up.

I liked the $5 tickets for the raffle in moab, but I'm not going to argue for it, $1 is livable, I'm just not going to volunteer to help collect and tear them up :)

Fine on the decals. I can probably get the event ones done for less than $2 each anyways.

$35 member and $45 non-member (you have $25, which I believe is a sleep induced typo)? Might entice a few to join? The way the form is you are being honest if you are a member anyways cause there's no way to check the actual status with the registration.

Is $35 enough or too much to cover the cost of dinner ($15), venue rental ($10 or 15), and whatever else we want to throw in? Dash plaques(buck or two each)? Maybe a key chain (Nat BOD has discussed them, couple bucks each).

mac 'my sleep deprived thoughts' gyvr

Like the idea on the registration. One meal per registration, one registration per rig with additional charges for additional meals. In the past we usually let kids (10 and under I think) eat for free. Maybe continue that this year or just charge a lesser amount for kids?

If memory serves, the only two vendors we took care of were Brian and Tyler. I don't recall any others attending. So if it's just a couple of vendors again, I don't see why we couldn't take care of their registration fees.

My thinking behind keeping raffle tickets at $1 was for people who have a handful of "spare cash" in their pocket could buy exactly that many tickets. Example: "Oh i've got $23 in my pocket, i'll take 23 raffle tickets."

Correct on the sleep deprived typo for registration fees. Currently we have:
  • $18 per person for Norma's Dinner
  • $15 per person for shirts
  • ???? per person for Harlan Center

With the Harlan Center being $665, and not knowing how many people we're going to have, it's difficult to break that into a per/person number. If I assume 30 people, that works out to $22-23 a person. How about we do $40 per registration for members (Covers $22 registration fee and ONE $18 dinner), and $50 for users (still covering the same registration and ONE meal ticket)? As for verifying members vs. users, I can do that when the forms are submitted. I recall seeing a spot where it asked for a forum user name. Let's make that a mandatory field if it isn't already so.

The forum name is a required field.

I like the 40/50 split on costs. If we can factor in some other trinkets, we can add those as we come up with them.

Do you want to do a price break on the raffle tickets?

1-$1
25-$20

More for more or just leave it at that?

I can update the form in the next couple of days.

mac 'anyone else have input?' gyvr

I'm not against the idea of more for more on raffle tickets.

One thing I just thought of - assuming 30 on the registration would actually be assuming 30 rigs, as it's a cost per rig, not per person.

Back