• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red River Chapter -The Rides of March - Roll Call!

Park member

Snow rarely lasts long in Arkansas. Funny thing is that a day or two before the snow, it was in the 70's.

x2elite said:
Snow rarely lasts long in Arkansas. Funny thing is that a day or two before the snow, it was in the 70's.

Yeah, here in Dallas we went from 70's to a damn winter storm (about 4" of snow accumulated) in a period of one day. The afternoon after the storm it was in the 70's again. Stupid Texas weather.

also, i just got a little clarification on the "rules" as they pertain to recovery points ... one side or the other, both front and rear are not required.

Kendrik said:
Yeah, here in Dallas we went from 70's to a damn winter storm (about 4" of snow accumulated) in a period of one day. The afternoon after the storm it was in the 70's again. Stupid Texas weather.

WELCOME TO TEXAS!!
If you don't like the weather... wait 10 minutes or drive 10 miles.

Well thats atleast this part of Texas.

mikegronholz said:
also, i just got a little clarification on the "rules" as they pertain to recovery points ... one side or the other, both front and rear are not required.

Front Page updated with that clarification. If you have a trailer hitch, you have a recovery point, btw, as at least 2 of us have D-Ring hitch adapters that we can share.

mikegronholz said:
Regardless of their rules, you still need recovery points front and rear for good measure. Nothing worse than being stuck behind someone that can't even be pulled up a trail. Per naxja by-laws (if this is an official run) it is required to have points front and rear.

Ramsey said:
Regardless of their rules, you still need recovery points front and rear for good measure. Nothing worse than being stuck behind someone that can't even be pulled up a trail. Per naxja by-laws (if this is an official run) it is required to have points front and rear.

Guess i'll ask the question then ... is this a "NAXJA Official Run" ?

mikegronholz said:
Guess i'll ask the question then ... is this a "NAXJA Official Run" ?
There is no national involvement / sponsorship of this run, so the national rules do not apply. That said, we do have similiar requirements in our chapter By-Laws. Those same by-laws stipulate that:

RRC Bylaws said:
A Sponsored Event is by definition an Event in which the RRC formally recognizes the Event as a Chapter Event, and the Event is attended by at least one Director.
So, that makes this an official chapter event to which our by-laws apply. The specific verbage regarding vehicle requires is as follows:

RRC Bylaws said:
All vehicles must have the following items & equipment to attend the off road portion of RRC sponsored Events:
* Legally required automobile insurance and registration
* Fire extinguisher
* First Aid Kit
* Tow Rope (no metal hooks allowed), Tow Chain, or Winch
* Safety belts
* Spare tire, jack, and lug wrench
* Hooks both front and rear (or suitable attaching point)
* CB (HIGHLY recommended, but not mandatory)

The full bylaws can be found here for those interested. Good catch on that, Ramsey. I guess you're not as useless as Goodburbon says you are. ;)

I'm out then

mikegronholz said:
I'm out then

Before anyone throws in the towel on the event, let me talk to the other BOD and see if we can work out individual dispensations or a motion to change the Bylaws. I'd hate for anyone to miss out for something as simple as a tow hook in the wrong spot.

Kendrik said:
Before anyone throws in the towel on the event, let me talk to the other BOD and see if we can work out individual dispensations or a motion to change the Bylaws. I'd hate for anyone to miss out for something as simple as a tow hook in the wrong spot.
Okay, I just got Brandon and Scott on the line and we've proposed, voted, and ratified the following change to our bylaws:

The Line which read:

NAXJA RRC Bylaws said:
Hooks both front and rear (or suitable attaching point)

will now read:

NAXJA RRC Bylaws said:
Front or Rear recovery point required (Both HIGHLY recommended)

I'll also be stickying a link to our bylaws so you folks can see them.

Brandon is just a racist, what can I say...:D

mike what do you lack?

Yall think that is a good idea, sure it sucks for someone to miss out, but there are times when forward is the only way to get a jeep out. Maybe he can avoid some of the harder stuff.

Ramsey said:
Yall think that is a good idea, sure it sucks for someone to miss out, but there are times when forward is the only way to get a jeep out. Maybe he can avoid some of the harder stuff.

Well, we're not sure he's missing a front tow point. That said, worst case is a tree-saver wrapped on the axle as a make-shift tow point. I'll also see if we can come up with something this weekend for him, as I know he's a whiz at fab'ing stuff.

Back