• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REAL Cheromanche pictures

Great attitude Sweetjeep ... good to see some innovative ideas on this board.

Les

Nice work!! And a good attitude to go with it. Keep on Jeepin man.

I like it. sure, really to long for a hard-core trail rig, but as long as you can get the frame strong enough, and it serves the purpose you need, great! even i, at times, find myself torn. i carry people and gear all the time, so i love my cherokee. but its also a pain to get the trailer hooked up anytime i want to take the dirt bikes. oh well, gotta comprimise somewhere.

It would be a good idea to sleave the entire length of the framerail with angle at least on the outside, and maybe on the inside around the splice. It might not be neccesary but it would be worth the peace of mind. I think the trim will help that line a lot. If you can find the 97+ style trim in long sections I would run it onto the bed also, along with 97+ flares on the bed (that might require a little reworking of the flares.) Graphting a 97+ buper would look nice but would be a pain since you would have no place for a liscence plate, but if you could figure out a way to make it work it would look nice and graphting some newer tail lights in woul be a nice touch, they don't need to be for a cherokee. Maybe newer dakota tail lights they had identical looking tails to the mj back in the 80's, so it might be close to what a present day mj might have. Good luck with this project.

I was just wondering if more people would be happy if he bought a chevy avalanche or a ford exlporer sport trac.

Personally, i think that it is way cooler to build a jeep to meet your needs rather than buy a non jeep product that you wouldn't be happy with because is isn't a jeep.

That x/mJ will sure turn some heads.

~Jeremy

sweetjeep: I applaud your enthusiasm and creativity. I think what you've got going is great and I look forward to seeing your progress. Definitely give consideration to the constructive criticizm so that you end up with a safe and strong XJ creation. I too am concerned about the way you joined the two together, but pics will help.

I think it's hilarious at the narrowmindedness of some of the users here - the ones that criticize your vehicle's ability to hit the trails or being a hardcore rig..... wake up you freaks! He said his intention is to use it as a run-around hauler, not a trail rig! Not every XJ and it's owner need to be off-road minded to post here.

Sweetjeep, I think that baby is well on its way to becoming a "sweet jeep". I can't offer any real criticism (aside from the banana comments that have already been done to death, and have met with good responses from you) because I certainly couldn't build that. :D Well done on a relatively original concept. Please keep us posted, I for one am interested to see what it looks like when its done.

And dudes:
BoostyKid said:
that is one of the ugliest things i have ever seen.
At least its got some originality, unlike this. Out of the 20,000 or so XJ's with 4.5" lifts, 33's and black rockcrawlers, I have to say it looks like it was built by a 17 year old. Oh wait, it was! ;)

90KrawlerXJ said:
A genuine POS if I ever seen one
I think this thread is a genuine POS if I have ever seen one! (That's assuming you didn't mean Particle Oscillation Schematics.) ;)

You boys sure earned a fist full of rubies quickly!

Again: Thanks for the encouragament and kind words (even if you are lieing just to make a dumb kid with a GIANT Jeep feel better :) )

Yeah, technically it's a compromise. What's not? I have the space and ability (and sometimes the money) to have a seperate vehicle for each purpose. Daily driving, off roading, and now hauling stuff.

CW: I do plan to get the trim like you are suggesting. A 2 door trim piece is long enough to be cut down to fit everywhere I need. I do also plan to brace the frame further. I am not sure what exactly, but I suspect I will do more.

This is the punch line though:

I post this thing on an MJ site - for the most part they love it. Just what they want and got screwed out of by Chrysler. They don't question why mostly just how.

I post it on "Jeep" off road biased sites: Many love the creativity and but hate it because it can't be wheeled well.

I post it on my dirt bike sites and they all swear it's a Photoshop job. :) When I convince them it's not, the people who dislike ME hate it. Everyone else give me crap about it's massive size and then meniton it's very unique and quite cool. But don't want to ride in it until I prove it won't fold in half. A fair agreement.

It seems to be the same type of closed minded tool who simply states they hate it.

To each their own, just go make something you like.

I'll keep y'all updated, but not too much will be going on for the next month or 2. I just moved and don't have a garage yet.

looks great, keep us posted

by speechless i didnt state if i liked or disliked.
I definitly like the idea. I think it looks very good and its something i wouldnt be able to do if my live depeneded on it.
Definitly want to see updates of it!

Would be interesting to see a photocopped version with ~12" taken out of the length just forward of the rear wheel.

Just for looks.

r@m

Back