• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REAL Cheromanche pictures

Funny someone should post some dually pic's - I was trying to picture the 'creation' w/ duals. It might be (where's that "Pimp" smilie??) :)

I like it. It's a very cool idea IF it's done right. Hopefully, you did your homework because that wheelbase will see a lot of stress.

I have no idea what's going to happen come inspection time. Technically it uses the Comanche frame, so it's a Comanche. I just plan to register and have it inspected as an 87 Comanche. There is little about that statement I can't back up. It's just been.. updated.

Eventually I'll take a bunch more photos and set up a website.. but for now I am pressured for time (I'm moving) but it'll get done sooner or later.

The bed still isn't attached and still get's a little bit of a bananna look, but here are some more pictures with a set of worn out 30s on it.

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=154035789105&photoid=495982199105

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=154035789105&photoid=295092199105

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=154035789105&photoid=495982199105

Damn, that thing is long. WHere you gonna wheel that thing. How long is the rear driveshaft? I hope you get a flat-belly skid. Good luck and take flex pics. :laugh3:

-Mike

OILBURNER said:
Funny someone should post some dually pic's - I was trying to picture the 'creation' w/ duals. It might be (where's that "Pimp" smilie??) :)

I personally like this one

dualley.jpg

Nice job. I would have never thought of doing something like that. It'll look good with some big tires on there. You could even run stacks! lol

Maybe it's just me, but one thing that you may need to work on (not to criticize) is the body lines...they dont match up to well. This is only a problem if you want it to look pretty.
961513199105_0_ALB.jpg

Good job though, and keep us updated

85Chief

Yeah.. the body lines are a little off right now. The rear of the cab will get a piece of stock trim on it and will line up perfectly when I am done.

The line about midway up the cab (just under the door handles) has to be worked out a little yet. But it should be fine. I basically just need to sharpen it and make sure it's straight.

That same like following through the bed SHOULD be OK when I get the bed mounted properly.

Lore: I have a bunch of pictures of that red one. It's beautiful and the only other one I have been able to confirm exists. The only thing I don't like is the interior is old style. That and that thing is looooooooooooooong it has a 7' bed on it! His wheelbase is in the 165" range. Mine is around 144". That and it's at stock height.

sweetjeep said:
Yeah.. the body lines are a little off right now. The rear of the cab will get a piece of stock trim on it and will line up perfectly when I am done.

The line about midway up the cab (just under the door handles) has to be worked out a little yet. But it should be fine. I basically just need to sharpen it and make sure it's straight.

That same like following through the bed SHOULD be OK when I get the bed mounted properly.

Lore: I have a bunch of pictures of that red one. It's beautiful and the only other one I have been able to confirm exists. The only thing I don't like is the interior is old style. That and that thing is looooooooooooooong it has a 7' bed on it! His wheelbase is in the 165" range. Mine is around 144". That and it's at stock height.
and I thought mine sittin at 115 was long!

Maybe you could use a couple of quarterpanels off a 2dr '97-'01 Cherokee for the bed sides when you update the bed. I'm not too sure what would work as taillights though, maybe you could modify some stock XJ taillights.

961513199105_0_ALB.jpg

Is it just me or does this not look fixable with a trim peice?.... The whole rear is tilted up, I guess it will work but sure doesnt look right to me.

Don't mind these negotards with a lack of imagination.

If you like it and it is well built that is all that matters.

Are you saying that the box is a short box? It looks like a long box in the pictures but...

r@m

T&A XJ: I can't see your picture, but I assume it's the bottom lower of the cab?

I am going to get another piece of the body trim and lay it over. That whole panel is metal but because of the way the frames mated and the dimension of the Comanche cab I had to lay in the panel crooked. It sucks and I hate it, but there are certain concessions I had to make.

Root Mouse: I don't mind the guys who hate it. I see a lot of crap around here that I hate too. To each their own. Some people don't like it, some people love Orange County Choppers. I decided to not buy a vehicle out of a catalog like the OCC customers and build something. It isn't perfect, but I can always say I built it! :)

But yes, it's a 6' bed. The red one has the 7.5' bed.

Back