• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reader's Rig's

tgoff said:
Here's my Jeep with the mortons bedliner paint job shackle and spacer lift with only 30's but they are almost warn out so since I need new tires I might as well lift it more right.
That or trim it for bigger tires. Maybe both!

DAryl

Here's my 1990 XJ with the 4.0, bone stock. Bought it for $500. The budget build begins!!!! Build total = $597.91 ($500 - $1.07 PO spare change + $96.99 new starter + $1.99 blinker light bulbs).

Don't mind the white trash RTI ramp :) Actually had 2 setup to pressure wash the underside of it (but didn't put my body in harm's way!!)

DSC02730.jpg

1996cc said:
Here's my 1990 XJ with the 4.0, bone stock. Bought it for $500. The budget build begins!!!! Build total = $597.91 ($500 - $1.07 PO spare change + $96.99 new starter + $1.99 blinker light bulbs).

Don't mind the white trash RTI ramp :) Actually had 2 setup to pressure wash the underside of it (but didn't put my body in harm's way!!)

DSC02730.jpg

You think he would be running the baja claws and flexing on the stock tires

Nice how you talk about me like I'm not even here??? I wish, but they are 16"s. Anyone want to trade for some 15"s. BTW, I've only had it for 2 weeks and have zero money for the Jeep for at least a month or more.

I don't want to fill this thread with chit chat, but that is the only reason I bought it. I've been wheeling the wifes ZJ (lightly) and figured it'd be at least a year before I had something of my own. But my buddy who is into hot rods and crap got this in a trade and didn't want it. I couldn't pass up a straight Jeep for $500 - did take some convincing of the wife though (still hearing about it). It's got 208,000 miles, but suppossedly only 13,000 on a rebuilt motor. Also has the track-lock rear diff that still works!! (which will help until I can get a 44)

I even wheeled it already!!! Had to at least once before it comes into the garage for repairs/mods!!!

DSC02682.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, I have been on this forum for a while and still havent posted my rig up so here it is.

JV16.jpg

JV13.jpg

JV11.jpg

Ccanyonn2.jpg

Ccanyon4.jpg

CCanyon1.jpg

CCanyon.jpg

Specs:
1996 Prior Forest Service Rig
Rusty's 6.5" LA KIT
Rusty's frame brace
33" Procraps
JCR sliders/front bumper
Rear Rigid bumper/tire carrier
D44 Rear Detroit, 4.56's
HP 30 frnt w/ Aussie
T.Woods Drive shaft
231 with 4low ,2low, AA SYE
RIGWERKS Rack coming soon - Thanks Ron!
T-MAX EW9000 coming
RE Monotubes

I would like to say it is almost done but that would be a lie (Jeeps are never done:lecture: ) Anyway see you all out on the trail.

Rob

nice rig, one of a kind color

oh and back to 1996cc, you can put 16s on a cherokee you know, or are there no rims?

either way good luck with the jeep build, they are a blast

is that a former forest service jeep? only time i've ever seen that color used on a 4x4.

Jeepernick said:
oh and back to 1996cc, you can put 16s on a cherokee you know, or are there no rims?

They are on 8 lug steel rims off my powerstroke. I don't want to invest any money (even cheap from a junkyard) into 16" wheels for the Jeep just for these worn out tires. I'd rather have 15"s since they are so much more common.

The forest service green is pretty common around here - lots of people have the old government rigs. They used to all be that color, but the government decided that it would save money if they just bought white ones, rather than painting a special color - GEE IMAGINE THAT.

muddygp said:
is that a former forest service jeep? only time i've ever seen that color used on a 4x4.

Yeah, used to be Forest Service. I think that is the only time you will see that color from the factory.

Sweet rig. I jus tgot my moabs on today with 295/75/16 bfg at's. needs mroe lift for teh tires but i could not pass up the deal. but still looks sweet.

Back