• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC & Fishing late aug./early sept????

well my father is out. I guess he never checked with my mom and it turns out they have a wedding to attend that weekend.

Im still coming, I might bring my GF instead.

As long as you two lovebirds dont keep us old bastards up late with your crazy late night sex antics.

Leah is talking about bringing soft tacos for us too... YUMMY!!! We can either plan on having that for dinner one night, or include it in a potluck-style feast.

I was going to say the same thing to you. You engaged guy you.

Nonsense..once you get engaged it's over, ask anyone. It's all plans and talk after that..what was I thinking? LOL
Look forward to seeing everyone, no matter who you bring!
Rich/Carol <--my new "handle" haha!

Leah is talking about bringing soft tacos for us too... YUMMY!!! We can either plan on having that for dinner one night, or include it in a potluck-style feast.

I'm all for potluck...we will no doubt eat like kings, party like rock stars, and enjoy a relaxing and fun getaway weekend. At least thats what we plan on doing!

so I may be out. Im still trying to make it, but when I was reinstalling my HS arms I found that my driver side axleshaft's u_joint was EFed big time. no needle bearing left at all. I cant believe it didnt break. so I just ordered new ones should be here in the next 3 days.

hopefully Ill have the time to throw it all back together, before the weekend.

so I may be out. Im still trying to make it, but when I was reinstalling my HS arms I found that my driver side axleshaft's u_joint was EFed big time. no needle bearing left at all. I cant believe it didnt break. so I just ordered new ones should be here in the next 3 days.

hopefully Ill have the time to throw it all back together, before the weekend.

No one said you have to bring the jeep. show up with a fishing pole and you'll fit in, promise.

Wooo Hooo! Fishing license is printed out, bags are packed! See everyone there!
We're looking forward to a couple good relaxing days at the park.
Rich

Just got back. Had a blast despite the fact we didnt wheel and i didnt catch a single dam fish.

Ill try to get the few pics i took posted up when i get a chance.

100_0568.jpg

100_0571.jpg

100_0586.jpg

100_0581.jpg

100_0593.jpg

100_0600.jpg

100_0601.jpg

I only caught a couple little fellers, but I dont care regardless. It was great to see everybody and spend a couple relaxing days in Pine Grove with good friends, hot fires, and cold drinks! It was nice to not have to run around according to a schedule for once, and just breathe a bit, take in the sights (I really like it there), and enjoy the company. We have a great group and it shows when so many showed up just to relax and spend the time.
Thanks to all who made it up, and a special thanks to Andy's family for their warm hospitality! RocktoberFest cant come soon enough.
Rich & Carol

Yes, that was an excellent relaxing weekend, hanging out with some great friends (and family for me). This was a great idea Rich, my dad is already talking about parking the camper up at Twin Grove for the summer next year so we can do it more often. It was also great to see Leslie, Pauline (and meeting Paulines husband Kevin), Neal and Erin too.

Thanks to Stefan, my kids are both excellent rock-skippers and crayfish hunters now too. They had lots of fun catching fish, playing in the water and just exploring around the lake, especially on Sunday. They both put their old sneakers on, and were wading through the water for most of the day. We were doing OK until Jeremy took a header when he slipped on a rock... He came up soaked and sputtering, but we laughed it off and after wringing his clothes out at the waters edge he was on the hunt for another crayfish. Amy caught a 10" large mouth bass on Sunday too when we took the boat out. She was absolutely thrilled!!

Good times had by all! We missed you (Andy) Sunday, didn't have a chance to say goodbye! :( Thanks so much for the hospitality! I have some cute pics of your boy with his whopper fish! I'll get them to you!

Back