• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RANT - Ticket for no license plate

Houston bike registration $1 registration if you can find a fire station that knows how to do it, and $200 fine if ticketed, according to a post here:

http://www.swcc.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3904

and

http://weeklywire.com/ww/10-20-97/austin_pols_feature4.html

Nobody seems to have all the facts.

Galveston:

http://blogs.galvnews.com/blog.lass...ilyNews:42F548B00f3642AC16vkPsBCC7EF#comments

and believe it not Washington DC just repealed theirs! My god whats the world coming to?

http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/143342/index.php

On the green grass issue, it's a health department violation if the grass / weeds get too tall in most municipalities, as it could harbour rats, or even dead bodies.

AstroTurf is the answer, it's GREEN! LOL! And you don't burn fuel or electricity mowing it, LOL!

5-90 said:
If there is a fence, how is it any of his damned business how tall the grass is out back? Besides, it's green, ain't it? That takes care of the fire hazzard problem...

It's not always green...

I'm in no way expanding much energy to fix that issue as it will have closely cropped green grass as soon as I move there (Gotta get her set up elsewhere first, and soon!). Until then he can kinda fornicate with himself.

You can park in front of my house Big Brother. I love all the comments from the neighbors when all the toys are lines up.

DSCN0340.jpg
[/IMG]

screw that hippy jacka$$, i say park on top of his lastara prius! LOL

rightseatsis said:
You can park in front of my house Big Brother. I love all the comments from the neighbors when all the toys are lines up.

DSCN0340.jpg
[/IMG]

I feel sorry for that poor Cherokee in the back all by itself!

Zuki-Ron said:
Fix your own issues before fixing your neighbors is my policy.

No idea what you do for a living ( you indicate a "uniform" ), but the actual reason why many States have the front and rear plate law is not because of cameras, but so that the LEO or State Trooper can read your plate coming and going. Sure your neighbor got you for a missing plate - whoopee. Guess what? He's right. Mount the plate.

As for your neighbor and you...
Either get your XJ off the street and mind your own business, or politely go speak with your neighbor, or both. A lot of times, new people to the neighborhood get this "we have to improve things" attitude and tend to rock the boat a bit. I also think he's bored, or something is happening in his life which isn't even your issue. Believe it or not, it's normal.
If you both continue down this nuisance phone call stuff, the Police will stop responding to either of your calls, which will make it a bitch if there is a real problem.

I disagree. If he's walking his dog he can easily walk to the other side of the XJ if he needs to see the plate. It isn't his, your, or my responsibility to turn people in for missing license plates, or driving the speed limit in the fast lane to stop all those bastard speeders. If you WANT it to be your business get a job as a law officer.

Texas has the same two license plate law.

Kudos on getting the Prias 3 tickets. Blocking the sidewalk is very irritating if you are trying to walk, or making your kids walk in the street.

5-90 said:
Hey - is that tow rig the same Suburban you guys came down here in that last time? It do look vaguely familiar...

Yep. 1990, 454cuin/THM400/4.10 rear end. Just turned 150K miles last week, towed to Florida, Moab, Yellowstone, Minnesota, Canada; dropped & picked up kids at dorms in Tempe, AZ, Davis, San Diego and San Bernardino, commuted from SF to Sharks games for 4 seasons...still running strong.

It's parked in the garage while the 1997 and 2000 sit out on the street.

That lone blue XJ up the street from Mary's is a neighbors. The other three belong to us, the one on the trailer was the one without a front plate. The photo was taken as we got ready to leave for Moab last year.

rightseatsis said:

DSCN0340.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey, did they film an episode of Monk on your street? That white and pink building looks familiar.

Ray,

Not that I'm aware of.

Just to show you how screwed up the noveau rich have made San Francisco, the little green 900 sq ft house next to the apartments sold for $1.3M two years ago (no garage or would have been more). That house sat empty for a year and a half getting permits approved to dig a basement, restructure the foundation and ad a second floor that would only have 1 bedroom and 1 bath. The bedroom sits back from the front of the house ten feet so the 2nd floor cannot be seen from the street. The permit hold up was a neighbor over the back fence thought the 2nd floor would allow veiwing of his deck.

No kidding.

there are good neighbors, Mary's white XJ and my Green XJ are blocking a driveway, the neighbor said it was cool and actually helped me load the $50 XJ on the trailer.

Ecomike said:
HPD got cleaned up for a good long while ever since 2 police chiefs went down for Felony Bribary and ordering hits on 2 Federal Judges back in the 70's. Funny but it took our first black police chief and first black mayor to clean it up. Unfortunately, things have gone down hill the last 8 years or so. The latest was a 1 hour televised police chase on the freeways just a few weeks ago. He finally pulled over after talking to 911 Police on his cell phone and tellling them he would surrender, but that he was an undercover (CIA) Fed....., so when he stopped three of the six officers that had him surrounded and cut off, they suddenly filled him full of lead on national live TV, then they pulled him out of the car and let him bleed to death with out requesting emergency medical help for about 25 minutes, also on national TV.

Turned out the gun the cops said he was reaching for when they shot him full of holes was his cell phone.

Still don't know who he really was, it's all hush hush now! But the family is sueing HPD. More taxpayer money down the drain.

We have also had Houston's (Harris County) Sherriff (1) and District Attorney ousted and under criminal investigation (1) recently for all sorts of unseamely Felony criminal behavior.

Mayor Lee Brown was horrible. Glad to hear he did something good.

A cell phone can be very dangerous. If he had held that next to an officer's head (while making a call) he could have caused to officer to have brain cancer in 30 or 40 years! (Yeah that shooting smells very bad...)

I only work in Houston. I spend all my money in Katy, where I live. ;)

BTW, speaking of public people in Houston... I was surprised to see Quanlx (sp?) actually displaying rational, logical thinking, and human feelings when he described his time with the Pasadena father that allegedly killed his two kids on Father's day. I could see that Quanlx was just dumbfounded and very upset about what he saw and heard from this New Orleans transplanted father.

There is hope for this world yet! ;o)

Last edited:
insanity said:
I am in the Army currently stationed at Fort Sill Oklahoma. Tho I am from Ohio, Ohio state law requires you to have a front plate no problem I made a bracket and bolted it on. But apparently having a dirty rig in a parking lot that the post commander drives down every day is a problem. While I don't care the mud holds parts on and silences squeaks this asshat that has never once had to endure the hardships I had to. I have seen and done things that no man should have been asked to do. But apparently my company commander received an email stating my jeep was inappropriate for Fort Sill. He warned me once that I should wash my jeep also stating that he didn't care but it would be to my benefit to clean it. Then about 3 days later he tossed me a quarter and seed you really need to wash your jeep. This coming from a man who owned an XJ and was jealous the day he seen mine, who understood what we 4wheelers love.

Your dumb ass is the reason there are so many stupid rules for vehicles in the military.

Pretty soon there will be some sort of CO's policy about dirty vehicles on your base and everyone will suffer your pain because you're too lazy to just blast the mud off at the local car wash and too immature to realize how petty a request it really is.

RedHeep said:
Your dumb ass is the reason there are so many stupid rules for vehicles in the military.

Pretty soon there will be some sort of CO's policy about dirty vehicles on your base and everyone will suffer your pain because you're too lazy to just blast the mud off at the local car wash and too immature to realize how petty a request it really is.
I put forth that the reason for all the stupid rules is because of stupid people who get a little power and realize that they can indeed have it their way by making a big stink or even just the right kind of stink about something. Since when were we subject to making every one else happy? The CO himself said he doesn't care, but obviously someone up in the food chain is complaining.

RedHeep said:

It was not my doing but from others not cleaning there trucks after going out to the hog farm and mudding out there. The policy alredy stands and wasnt brought to my attention untill then.

BlackSport perty much nailed it on the head. The people who make the stupid ruils were the ones who were picked on in high school.

BlackSport96 said:
I put forth that the reason for all the stupid rules is because of stupid people who get a little power and realize that they can indeed have it their way by making a big stink or even just the right kind of stink about something. Since when were we subject to making every one else happy? The CO himself said he doesn't care, but obviously someone up in the food chain is complaining.

I would respectfully disagree.

There are stupid rules abound because there are stupid people who can't do the right thing and we're forced to create them so that the stupid ones comply with things the rest of us would have done anyway.

If my "post commander" mentioned that I should wash my jeep, I probably would have reacted the same way. But life is so much easier if you just comply. 5 minutes at the car wash means no more hassle from his superiors, but he'd rather suffer out of spite.

Sounds an awful lot like words from someone who has never made or had to enforce policy, but always complains about it.

RedHeep said:
I would respectfully disagree.

There are stupid rules abound because there are stupid people who can't do the right thing and we're forced to create them so that the stupid ones comply with things the rest of us would have done anyway.

If my "post commander" mentioned that I should wash my jeep, I probably would have reacted the same way. But life is so much easier if you just comply. 5 minutes at the car wash means no more hassle from his superiors, but he'd rather suffer out of spite.

Sounds an awful lot like words from someone who has never made or had to enforce policy, but always complains about it.

So if you would react the same way then you toss your self in the group of stupid people.

insanity said:
So if you would react the same way then you toss your self in the group of stupid people.

Everyone would initially been put off by something trivial like that. But I would have acted on it, not ignored it.

But then again, I don't drive around like an idiot with mud all over my vehicles because I'm lazy.

I would have washed it to avoid the hassle. There are things in life worth taking a stand over. That's not one of them. Welcome to the military. If you wanted choices, you should have stayed a civilian.

I agree that certain things make sense. Child safety seat laws? Hell yes, a kid shouldn't be endangered because mommy and daddy are too cheap or lazy to get a proper seat for junior. Having to keep your vehicle clean? Not so much. That's just stupidity. Its the same as Boatwrench's neighbor. What business does his neighbor have calling the cops to harass him because he doesn't like the look of his Jeep? Or to write messages in people's windows because he disagrees. By your logic, someone could make a legitimate complaint about my jeep being painted flat black and not being pretty like theirs. :dunno:

P.S: I've served in the military and I've enacted and enforced rules. At separate times, I only spent 5 years in so never got high enough in rank to make rules there. I loved my time in, the only reason I got out was for my family. So I'm not just spouting from inexperience. I drove around Pendleton quite regularly with a muddy Jeep. I'd find mud, play and leave it on because I was probably gonna go back again within the next couple days. No one hassled me over it.

Back