• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RANT - Ticket for no license plate

BlackSport96 said:
I agree that certain things make sense. Child safety seat laws? Hell yes, a kid shouldn't be endangered because mommy and daddy are too cheap or lazy to get a proper seat for junior. Having to keep your vehicle clean? Not so much. That's just stupidity. Its the same as Boatwrench's neighbor. What business does his neighbor have calling the cops to harass him because he doesn't like the look of his Jeep? Or to write messages in people's windows because he disagrees. By your logic, someone could make a legitimate complaint about my jeep being painted flat black and not being pretty like theirs. :dunno:

P.S: I've served in the military and I've enacted and enforced rules. At separate times, I only spent 5 years in so never got high enough in rank to make rules there. I loved my time in, the only reason I got out was for my family. So I'm not just spouting from inexperience. I drove around Pendleton quite regularly with a muddy Jeep. I'd find mud, play and leave it on because I was probably gonna go back again within the next couple days. No one hassled me over it.

I never said that having his commander tell him to wash his jeep wasn't stupid. It's certainly a stupid request.

But the end result is that out of spite, he's painted himself as someone who doesn't follow orders or policy. He's highlighted himself in a military world where you want to stand out for your job performance and not your negative traits. That's what's ridiculous.

If my CO told me to wash my Jeep, I'd be pissed too . . .

Then I'd drive over to the car wash, because he's a Colonel and I'm a SSgt.

Apparently it doesn't work that way in the army.

Ah, I see, we jes had a bit of a miscommunication. I thought you were defending the order to wash the Jeep. I do agree that had someone higher than me said to wash my Jeep, I would've. :)

BlackSport96 said:
Ah, I see, we jes had a bit of a miscommunication. I thought you were defending the order to wash the Jeep. I do agree that had someone higher than me said to wash my Jeep, I would've. :)

I figured that's all it was.

:cheers:

Back