• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RANT - Ticket for no license plate

BTW:
I'm done. The Rant was about the neighbor, not the ticket. Thanks for listening.

Life is to important for petty shit.

ECKSJAY said:
lol, california

lol, sfo

fixed it for ya.

Give 'em hell Boatwrench, hope I get to see you and RightSeatSis in Moab.

City of Houston recently started issuing tickets to children (and adults) for bicycles that were not registered with the city.

I guess they are already looking for new sources of revenues.

Boatwrench said:
BTW:
I'm done. The Rant was about the neighbor, not the ticket. Thanks for listening.

Life is to important for petty shit.

"Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

I don't care - I've got far more important things to direct my attention toward. Sadly, there are many who apparently do not - why do you think "reality shows" (which have no bearing whatever on reality!) are so damned popular?

Kinda like "Municipal Codes" down here - it's either a ploy to generate revenue for the City, or some jackass' attempt to turn the entire City into some variety of "planned community." The fines are extortionate, the offenses are petty - and so are the people who enforce them.

The the whole "front plate" idea is silly anyhow, y'ask me. If someone is coming at me doing 90, I'm not about to stand still and look for their plate - I'll get out of the way!

Mike - so, how do they know if the bicycle isn't registered? Do you get a plate or a sticker when you go sign up? Do you have to renew annuallly for no good reason - like with cars?

Speaking of revenue...there was a rant the other day about how 40 million kids ride a school bus every day, with no seatbelt....yet in every other type of motorized vehicle, seatbelts are required. Kind of hypocritical.

Cant remember the exact stats, but tickets for no seatbelts raise millions....

Zuki-Ron said:
As serious as the original poster :doh:

His plate was missing by admission. I don't give a fudge what his neighbors housemate did or did not do.

The point is that this kind of tit for tat shit is kindergarden and gets old quickly. I'm not saying you have to actually like your neighbors, but you better come to an understanding because they can make your life hell if they please. And they can do it legally.

So unless he enjoys this kind of constant irritation, he will bolt his plate where it meant to be, wash his fawking truck (if that's what it takes), walk over, talk with his neighbor, and come to some sort of an agreement.

Life is way too short for this kind of shit.
Yeah but then he would lose.

5-90 said:
Mike - so, how do they know if the bicycle isn't registered? Do you get a plate or a sticker when you go sign up? Do you have to renew annuallly for no good reason - like with cars?

They don't. If you look suspicious (read as: If your on a bicycle you look suspicious), they stop you, check the serial number on the bike against the HPD computer registry and if it is not registered they can haul you off to jail and arrest you under the presumption it is stolen.

Ecomike said:
They don't. If you look suspicious (read as: If your on a bicycle you look suspicious), they stop you, check the serial number on the bike against the HPD computer registry and if it is not registered they can haul you off to jail and arrest you under the presumption it is stolen.
That sucks. I'm a big 6'1", 250 lb black guy...I'd be screwed! Bike not registered and neither would be the gun that appeared next to my unconscious body:eek:

;)

When did we start letting your kind in here?

and the pc smilie to ensure its a joke

:D

BlackSport96 said:
That sucks. I'm a big 6'1", 250 lb black guy...I'd be screwed! Bike not registered and neither would be the gun that appeared next to my unconscious body:eek:

;)
HPD got cleaned up for a good long while ever since 2 police chiefs went down for Felony Bribary and ordering hits on 2 Federal Judges back in the 70's. Funny but it took our first black police chief and first black mayor to clean it up. Unfortunately, things have gone down hill the last 8 years or so. The latest was a 1 hour televised police chase on the freeways just a few weeks ago. He finally pulled over after talking to 911 Police on his cell phone and tellling them he would surrender, but that he was an undercover (CIA) Fed....., so when he stopped three of the six officers that had him surrounded and cut off, they suddenly filled him full of lead on national live TV, then they pulled him out of the car and let him bleed to death with out requesting emergency medical help for about 25 minutes, also on national TV.

Turned out the gun the cops said he was reaching for when they shot him full of holes was his cell phone.

Still don't know who he really was, it's all hush hush now! But the family is sueing HPD. More taxpayer money down the drain.

We have also had Houston's (Harris County) Sherriff (1) and District Attorney ousted and under criminal investigation (1) recently for all sorts of unseamely Felony criminal behavior.

Last edited:
Rev Den said:
Hmm....

All my nieghboors say is that they wish I would "fix" my exhaust.
Neighbors can be such fun! Life would be so boring with out them!

All my neighbors wanted was for me to spend a buch of money to improve the outside of my house, to help increase the apppraisal on their house they wanted to sell. Never mind what it did to my appraisal and property taxes.

Ecomike said:
Neighbors can be such fun! Life would be so boring with out them!

All my neighbors wanted was for me to spend a buch of money to improve the outside of my house, to help increase the apppraisal on their house they wanted to sell. Never mind what it did to my appraisal and property taxes.

Yeah. I think it was the guy down the street selling his house on the corner that started causing all my trouble with Code Enforcement.

Nevermind the real reason his house wasn't selling for what he wanted - it's a depressed market, and it's a 3BD/1BR house... That couldn't have anything to do with it at all, oh no...

GSequoia said:
In the dust on his car?

:shhh:

PS - I feel your pain. My mother (and soon enough me) has a PITA neighbor as well, one of typical middle class wanna be upper class white folk kind of guy who absolutely despises the fact that his next door neighbor is poor! He's called the city numerous times for little annoying stuff like the *back yard* grass being too long!

Gotta ask, how does he know the back yard grass is too tall?

GSequoia said:
Becaue the fence is only seven feet tall.
Sun bathe nude...he'll quit lookin in your yard real quick. Or you can have him arrested as a peeper if he keeps looking...:D

Back