• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raffle prizes for Rockin' XJ Jamboree '08

Elias said:
btw - if you don't like the raffle, don't buy any tickets.. :lecture:

E

NO NO NO..........buy tickets anyway. :D

We're trying to do something fun and memorable. Not many have had the chance to drive a rock buggy, and it's a lot of fun. Way more than just driving someone else's rig. Plus, I'm sure we'll scrounge up a few more items.

hellbilly04 said:
I thought the whole reason behind Goatfest was to support Johnson Valley?

The last three years we've supported Friends of Panamint Valley, who are working to get Surprise Canyon reopened. They don't need money right now, so we thought we'd support Friends of Johnson Valley this year. The SoCal chapter is already set up to make a donation to Friends of Johnson Valley, and they are getting funds from the KOH DVD sales, so they don't really need any additional funding right now. We wanted to compete as Team NAXJA in King of the Hammers, partly because we are a part of NAXJA and like promoting the club, and because we wanted to have an opportunity to do some club based fundraising activities. When we were brainstorming about ideas, we came up with using the Rockin' XJ Jamboree to support the team and using our rigs as raffle prizes. So, there you go.

ocean_jet said:
I like the idea.

I hope I can make it.

Is the winner/driver responsible for trail damage?
:D

No. As long as your nice. :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but the thaught of taking Paul's rig and finding a big arse rock to flop it on , is berrry berrrrry appealing to me!

This is going to be great!

Jump This said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but the thaught of taking Paul's rig and finding a big arse rock to flop it on , is berrry berrrrry appealing to me!

This is going to be great!
I dunno Rick, just the thought of Paul getting the sunburn for a change while riding in his rig makes me giggle!

No more Red one. Just got done with some paint to match the team colors.
370525849_ndfv9-L.jpg

Pacifico yellow, I like.

Are you going to keep it that color or go back after the race?

GSequoia said:
I dunno Rick, just the thought of Paul getting the sunburn for a change while riding in his rig makes me giggle!

LOL... although we're actually thinking that us owners will ride in one of the other raffled cars so that the winners don't have to see the owners sweat & listen to us whine.

Paul

OlMan said:
Sheesh! How I am going to tell you guys apart?

Dave's buggy has the Angry eyebrows look for the roll cage.

Matt's buggy has Cat branding.

Paul's buggy has the half roof.

Richard's buggy has the big surprised looking eyebrows roll cage.

Jump This said:
What kind of a gay arse guy would paint a buggy yellow?

:shhh:

:wave1:

What gay arse would put a bunch of holes in the back of his rig? Hmmmm.....

Back