• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for gadget geeks

Be careful about being duped into buying a "Netflix" compatible device. Sure, the technology is cool and will probably take off like MP3 players did a while back, but just realize that the movies offered through Netflix streaming are older flicks and the type that YOU should be paid to watch.

I could be totally wrong about this, though. Maybe streaming net devices is the way to go and soon everything will be connected to satisfy our insatiable craving for instant gratification.

And the horrible wealth of current documentaries from PBS and all of the series of TV shows?

Seriously, netflix does not bring the suck. We stream it through a media center PC that's attached to a LCD tv. AN HD antenna and media center PC has allowed us to can cable service, equipment is paying for itself. I miss nothing that was on network TV, it's all trash.

the only reason for getting the device is for the netflix option, I don't have cable tv or sattelite or any interest in blue-ray dvds so using netflix I can watch all the shows from cable through it, albeit a few seasons late but I work with all guatemalans so it's not like I over hear what happened on the shows I haven't seen yet :thumbup:

Roku, seriously, if your intent is just to play netflix on the TV you can do it for $60. They pioneered the Netflix in a box interface. It also does pandora music streaming, you can get the MLB online service for baseball games, tons of stuff.

http://shop.roku.com/Roku-Streaming-Player-Options-W5.aspx

$59 get's you the box, with wireless support and HD.

If you want to connect it ethernet to your modem you'll need to step up to the next model.

Roku XD @80 bucks.

That also gives you the Hulu Plus option, which has more current television shows.

Back