• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about big bear

I'd like a cookie-

After Sequoia offered to let me borrow his tow hook brackets and rprater steered me to the C4x4 page for gucci brackets, I took my @$$ down to Pick A Part in Chulawanna and to my suprise, under the first XJ I found, THERE WERE FACTORY TOW BRACKETS ON THAT BIZZY!!!!:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

So I knocked out taking them off in about an hour, due to stubborn bumper bolts and a sway bar that was not so straight.

$34 dollars and 1 hour later, the pride of knowing I worked for my tow hook brackets was a reality to me.

Thanks for the push you guys- Now I am LEGAL for the runs- just gotta get that lift on!

Overall pic
Tow-1.JPG

Side view
Tow-2.JPG

Stock bracketry
Tow-3.JPG

Close-up
Tow-4.JPG

I'm really not as lazy as it would seem, I just needed a little group motivation, i.e. the wife not liking the extra $75 bucks due to the $700 I am dropping on the lift/shocks/JKS Discos.

Enjoy!

Later,
Coullt

P.S. Sorry for the long post, but this was my triumph for the day.

Last edited:
GSequoia said:
Good job.

Now we'll have to find something else to make fun of you for. :roll:

Sounds good- I don't have lockers for BB, but I am not afraid of applying a little brake to hinder wheel spin.

And I am fo' sho' not worried about getting stuck now!

I'm not worried about not getting the lift on- don't want to rush it and sacrifice time for quality.

Later,
Coullt

Cherikon said:
Sounds good- I don't have lockers for BB, but I am not afraid of applying a little brake to hinder wheel spin.

I'm not worried about not getting the lift on- don't want to rush it and sacrifice time for quality.

Later,
Coullt

Great job on the brackets!!!

Lockers are not needed.... You can run almost anything up there now. Just need a little spotting, good choice of line, and proper tire placement....

ahh! i want hooks! :moon: nice find, now find ME some :D i havent seen a single xj with hooks in a yard around here.:rattle: i bet the guy at the jeep yard in wilmington has some but he probably wants 100 bux for em that guy is crazy.

but i have no brackets! hey sequoia does it count if they are just IN the jeep not ON the jeep? if i get stuck we can just leave my junk there it will make a good trail obstacle :moon:

dzraces said:
yeah takes about 30 min to install so no big deal hell if I find another set Ill sell them to you so you dont need to take them off lol

i'll need to take em off anyway my jcr bumper will be here 2 weeks after big bear lol. thanks a million man you rock :guitar:

wow 3 pages on tow hooks,:wave1:

This isn't a tech thing.....hahaha,

:new: But this just in......

I bought the my RE 3.5 Superflex kit today- hopefully it will be here and installed before Big Bear.

That is all.

Cherikon said:

Later,
Coullt

You can get a lockright for the front in time. :) Lockers make a HUGE difference. :) On the brackets, I'm going to assume you got the L bracket that goes on the front. I finally used my hooks to pull someone (kevin3151 and a wranger) off the top of sand dam at superstition a couple weeks ago. Worked great.

Mark

Back