• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Telluride: tons, big rubber, and a clean slate.

Spool would be a good option, just leave one hub unlocked. LS style "lockers" suck...I hated having on in the rear because once they start to wear out they act like an open diff. ARB/Ox/Eaton are all too expensive, so I'm probably going to be going with a spool in the front and a mechanical in the rear. Kind of a pain in the butt having to get out to unlock a hub so you make tighter turns but it's really not a big deal to me.

Kinda my thought. And really in the snow I don't care about being locked up.
I'll see how it does and if it starts to slip I'll swap.

I only drive to trail, or if weather is absolutely effed. Even then, getting a trailer next month so will be driving mostly trail only.

I'd go with a detroit if you can, but a spool will work.

Driving in snow with a front locked end, for something you actually drive, sucks.

Plus, if you ever decide you want to be able to do front digs, you'll need a detroit :D

I had a spool in the front and did front digs w no problem.

what are the specs on the assist setup you intend to run? i love mine, but am only on 35s, and am unsure as to how it will perform on larger tires.
- 1.5x8 ram from RNR
- stock box drilled and tapped
- PSC pump
- PSC overdrive pulley
- small cooler

i did get some whine out of the pump on my last trip out, but that was after running two of the hardest trails at the local offroad park back to back, it definitely got a workout. i didnt see any change in performance though. and with the assist, the only time i unlock my OX is when sticking it in 2WD and bombing around.

for out here, what i think would be a good setup is a spool in the front (with either assist or full hydro) and an auto or selectable locker in the rear. the assist should have enough mussel over the spool for front digs. and an auto locker should differentiate during front digs, so a cutting brake could be applied as a pivot. obviously a selectable locker will work. my front axle just happened to come with an ox.

Psc box. Agr ram. Stock pump.
I'll likely add a cooler in there. Haven't run it yet to give any feedback.

The bigger the cooler the better.. Plus the stock pump will do for a little while but plan on a bigger pump.. I burnt mine up on 37s. Just wasn't enough to do both ram and box. The PSC pump is night and day. Even with 40" stickies I can one finger turn it on pavement.

Sent from my iPhone

I ran a stock pump on mine for a looooong time. I used an explorer tranny cooler from JY and a filter from tractor supply (for extra volume).

I've burned up two stock pumps when I was on 35's...but that was in Arizona without a cooler. I think with a cooler the stock pumps should last awhile. I would love to run a PSC system but can't justify $1,700 for all of it.

So got the cooling done. Had it all together and water pump leaked so had to pull it all back out.
Replaced trans lines while I was in there, couldn't get one to clip back in to save my life. Kept leaking. Holy lord that pissed me off.

As far as the box, install was good. Had to get some brass fittings to make the stock ps lines work and not be loose. All is hooked up aside from the ram itself. Grabbing the bolts tomorrow. Ram functions great as it sits. The drop pitman I have now bring the geometry a little bit closer to parallel so that's nice as well.

Got the belly skid from dirtbound and got it mounted as well. Holes were a little off but that's an easy fix so I'll address that Saturday.
Braced the boostwerks towers so hope that fixes my squeaking in the rear.

Finished sisters front bumper, gotta redo her tcase. And if this rear bumper ever decides to show up I'll get that mounted for her as well.

few questions on your leaf setup... if i remember the thread correctly, HD offroad shackle relocation boxes, boostwerks comp shackles, and RE leafs? what lift height leaf? im curious because i have basically the same stuff, i am beyond happy with flex, but definitely dont have 14" of travel. what have you done for bump stopping?

also... how much stretch were you able to get without moving the gas tank?

To update I'm getting about 13" of travel out of the rear.
I'll post pics soon of my run from last weekend. You can see the rear workin in them quite well.
If any of ya are on IG or Facebook say hi too, I've got videos up there as well.

Back